Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Bootcamp!

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Bootcamp!

To get approved?  I see them hovering around 650 or so and for the most part they pull EX and I've seen a couple of outliers pull TU.

Message 71 of 86
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

I think my score was around 635-645 and they used TU for me.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 72 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What would you guys say is a min. score for a discover it ? 

Google "credit pulls database" and check on there.  You'll probably come up with 100 people reporting if they were approved or denied and they will give their score.  This way you can get an idea of typical scores that get denied and approved and see where you fall in the range.  This method is a good way of assessing risk in apping.

Message 73 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What would you guys say is a min. score for a discover it ? 

They double pulled EQ and EX for me I don't know what those scores were but their FICO benefit at the time said 620 TU (my scores usually hover within 10 points of each other, TU being highest), for a $1200 SL, it was my second card.

Try their pre-qualify site, see if you have a shot.

Message 74 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled TU for me. I originally got the student card when my credit was dismal, but I believe they stay around the mid 600's.

Message 75 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brother7 wrote:

I use the Calculate Duration Between Two Dates online calculator to find the date exactly 91 days out, starting with the "Date Opened" found on Credit Karma's TU and EQ credit reports. I've calculated the next ten CLI request dates. Yes, I'm a bit OCD!

Wish me luck on 9/28/2016. (fingers crossed)

great idea!

I am not hoping for anything too crazy and may not even try it.  I was shocked with my high starting limit and definitely don't want to tick them off.  I wouldn't mind over time slowly working towards 25k.  The fact that my apr after 12 months is 18.24%  (due to so many new accounts?)....would I be crazy to even think about this? I wouldn't need it during the first year.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I have shifted some of my double cash spend to this card.  In the grand scope of things I look at this card as a 4.99% 0 bt fee and for home improvement etc debt shuffles, so it would be more useful.  Still able to use the rotating categories as long as any charges for the month are paid in excess of min payment.

Thoughts?

Message 76 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is all over the place with respect to how long they give an account between CLIs.  People have reported getting requested CLIs approved 3 weeks after their last and certainly every 31 or 61 days seems to be incredibly common.  With a very solid credit profile and heavy usage on Discover followed by PIF, if one desires to achieve CLIs as often as possible there is no need for them to wait 91+ days in between requests.

Message 77 of 86
brother7
Established Contributor

For me, I don't mind waiting 91 days (vs 61 or 31). Even at 91 days, that's still 3 CLIs in your first year. I've learned to discipline myself, opting to be the tortoise, not the hare, in the credit profile race.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 78 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would just like to thank everyone for posting infromation and experiences with Discover on this thread! I haven't posted here before but I have kept up with it since I opened my Discover It card. Today makes 91 days with the card so I called for a CLI and went from $3,000 to $6,000. Thanks again for all the infomation! 

It's been over 31 days since my first CLI on this card. Today I called and requested another increase an recieved a bump from $6,000 to $10,000. In 4 months this card has gone from $3,000 to $10,000.  I hope these data points help someone out there. 

Message 79 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great increase!  Awesome more than doubling your CL with Discover in 6 months, for sure.

Message 80 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.