cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Button - Pending Increase Even though I canceled??

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Discover CLI Button - Pending Increase Even though I canceled??

So I wanted to do a soft pull CLI on my Discover...did the online form and decided to double it (from 1750 to 3500), and it instantly approved it for full amount. Decided I would cancel that one and attempt higher (since this one was instant) and when I did, it rejected it and said I would need to get a hard pull...so I canceled that one too. Decided to go back to my original amount and when I tried it said I had a "pending CLI"

What? I canceled both I thought? Advice?

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Button - Pending Increase Even though I canceled??

Same thing happened to me. I used the chat to make sure it was cancelled and no hard inquiry would be performed. She said she saw it was cancelled and she was able to put through a request for me with a soft inquiry. I recommend chatting with or ringing them.

Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I agree give them a call hopefully they can still give you your increase.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
firstladyd
Contributor

+1 on calling. Another poster had similiar situation. Called and still got the cli.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@BlueHusky wrote:

So I wanted to do a soft pull CLI on my Discover...did the online form and decided to double it (from 1750 to 3500), and it instantly approved it for full amount. Decided I would cancel that one and attempt higher (since this one was instant) and when I did, it rejected it and said I would need to get a hard pull...so I canceled that one too. Decided to go back to my original amount and when I tried it said I had a "pending CLI"

What? I canceled both I thought? Advice?

So did you end up getting the increase? I finally had the cli form to fill out but was denied twice and it locked itself after two attempts.I'm woried it might result in a hp.Smiley Sad

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

how much usually should we ask ?? double or 3x limit ???? Do they counter offer like other company ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 8
eviLution
Established Contributor

From what I read it don't seem like they counter offer at all. If it's too high it always ask if you wanna try with a HP.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 7 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

From what I read it don't seem like they counter offer at all. If it's too high it always ask if you wanna try with a HP.

I read the contrary, i doubled my current limit but it asked me it needed a hp so i canceled. Tried again but said the same thing. I tried a third time but it said "CLI Pending" I know i pressed cancel but I don't want the hp. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.