Contributor
BlueHusky

Discover CLI Button - Pending Increase Even though I canceled??

So I wanted to do a soft pull CLI on my Discover...did the online form and decided to double it (from 1750 to 3500), and it instantly approved it for full amount. Decided I would cancel that one and attempt higher (since this one was instant) and when I did, it rejected it and said I would need to get a hard pull...so I canceled that one too. Decided to go back to my original amount and when I tried it said I had a "pending CLI"

What? I canceled both I thought? Advice?

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: Discover CLI Button - Pending Increase Even though I canceled??

Same thing happened to me. I used the chat to make sure it was cancelled and no hard inquiry would be performed. She said she saw it was cancelled and she was able to put through a request for me with a soft inquiry. I recommend chatting with or ringing them.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

I agree give them a call hopefully they can still give you your increase.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Contributor
firstladyd

+1 on calling. Another poster had similiar situation. Called and still got the cli.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

BlueHusky wrote:

So I wanted to do a soft pull CLI on my Discover...did the online form and decided to double it (from 1750 to 3500), and it instantly approved it for full amount. Decided I would cancel that one and attempt higher (since this one was instant) and when I did, it rejected it and said I would need to get a hard pull...so I canceled that one too. Decided to go back to my original amount and when I tried it said I had a "pending CLI"

What? I canceled both I thought? Advice?

So did you end up getting the increase? I finally had the cli form to fill out but was denied twice and it locked itself after two attempts.I'm woried it might result in a hp.:smileysad:

Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

how much usually should we ask ?? double or 3x limit ???? Do they counter offer like other company ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Contributor
eviLution

From what I read it don't seem like they counter offer at all. If it's too high it always ask if you wanna try with a HP.

Current Score: DCU EQ 714 - EX+ 746 - WM TU 746
Goal Score: 750+

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 6000 - Chase Freedom: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Established Contributor
ObeyJohnny12

eviLution wrote:

From what I read it don't seem like they counter offer at all. If it's too high it always ask if you wanna try with a HP.

I read the contrary, i doubled my current limit but it asked me it needed a hp so i canceled. Tried again but said the same thing. I tried a third time but it said "CLI Pending" I know i pressed cancel but I don't want the hp. 

Gardening Since: March 4, 2013.
In My Wallet: Chase: Freedom Visa Signature | Sapphire Preferred World Mastercard. |

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+