Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI DECLINE!

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI DECLINE!

I wasted a HP only to be declined for a CLI. The analyst told me I had too many new accounts opened in 2011 and was extremely cut n dry. I haven't bothered trying to recon, but I am annoyed. I regret the CLI request now. Anyway Discover went from my main card to SD status for the next few months, minus one recurring $5 charge per month to maintain activity.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CLI DECLINE!

@mxp114 wrote:

I wasted a HP only to be declined for a CLI. The analyst told me I had too many new accounts opened in 2011 and was extremely cut n dry. I haven't bothered trying to recon, but I am annoyed. I regret the CLI request now. Anyway Discover went from my main card to SD status for the next few months, minus one recurring $5 charge per month to maintain activity.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

Could you call back and ask to speak with a credit analyst? I've had very good doing that before. 

Message 3 of 19
FrugalRican
Blogger

It'll be an even bigger waste of an HP if you dont at least try calling for recon.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 19
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Yeah I don't mind recon but if the decision is upheld, I'll just get even more annoyed with Discover. I will try a recon and report back results.

Message 5 of 19
flowfaster
Established Contributor

How many new accounts did you open in 2011 and 12?
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 19
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Come on man! Never waste a hard pull--at least recon the denial. If it yields nothing, you tried.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

id at least recon i just got approved by discover for a cli even after opening 4 cards in the past 2 months. just told them i was doing it to help out my utilization

Message 8 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
Come on man! Never waste a hard pull--at least recon the denial. If it yields nothing, you tried.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 19
mxp114
Valued Contributor

So I called, spoke with a nice girl who said she could review the CLI request for a possible overturn. We went over my CR and she said my new accounts were of little concern considering the entire credit picture. She immediately approved my request and kept saying she was disappointed the original analyst reviewed my report "so narrowly." No additional HP.

Yay! lol

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.