Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Denied, but...

tag
Reincarnated
New Contributor

Discover CLI Denied, but...

I feel that the reasoning I was provided on the phone was completely wrong.

I requested a CLI, and after calling was told it's because Discover asks for 6 months of account history before they do any. I've had the account for a little over 7 months now, so I don't know what to think. On the phone the CSR told me this, and I told him I've had it for 7. He said he agreed and said he could manually review the account, but that he wouldn't be able to overturn the decision.

This doesn't really make sense to me... should I call again and hope for a more helpful representative?

P.S, my FICO score from the Discover website is 759 which I think it pretty high. It did jump a huge amount since my last score with them.

My credit line is only $1300. They did give me an auto CLI about a month ago for a $300 increase...

Chase Freedom $1,000 // Discover It $3,100 // SallieMae World $4,400 // Capital One Quicksilver $5,000 // Citibank Double Cash $5,000 // AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $6,000 // AMEX Blue Cash Everyday $21,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Denied, but...

If that was the reason they gave you, then I would definitely try again.
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 2 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Reincarnated wrote:

I requested a CLI, and after calling was told it's because Discover asks for 6 months of account history before they do any. I've had the account for a little over 7 months now, so I don't know what to think. On the phone the CSR told me this, and I told him I've had it for 7. He said he agreed and said he could manually review the account, but that he wouldn't be able to overturn the decision.

This doesn't really make sense to me... should I call again and hope for a more helpful representative?

P.S, my FICO score from the Discover website is 759 which I think it pretty high. It did jump a huge amount since my last score with them.

My credit line is only $1300. They did give me an auto CLI about a month ago for a $300 increase...

it was an HP cli request am i correct? or were you asking for sp cli?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 4
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Reincarnated wrote:

The denial may be because you just got a auto increase last month. You usually need 3 months between CLI's with Discover. Did you try the online request, or just called in. CSR's can sometimes be clueless, and will just say anything if they don't know the correct answer. At least with the online request, you get a letter with an actual explanation if denied. Now, whether we like/agree with the explanation of a denial is another issue...

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.