Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI HP vs new card

tag
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Discover CLI HP vs new card

So discover wont CLI my account without a hard pull. i was thinking is it better to take the hard pull by discover or jsut open a new card with a new bank?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover CLI HP vs new card

How long have you had your Discover?  If you are just looking for a larger CL, I would wait for your BCE to become eligible. 

Message 2 of 8
SALEEN961
Valued Member

Looking at your AAoA I would not open another card as this may be the reason you're not eligible for a SP CLI. Just let your cards age for a little while and wait for your Amex BCE and Discover It to become eligible for CLIs as both should grow substantially from where they are now once you have more history with them.

I was denied a CLI on my Amex BCE after 61days, probably due to opening 3 new accounts around the time I got my BCE, but after another 61days I got a full 3x CLI. On my Discover I was denied a SP CLI and after 6 months I took a HP to go from 3K to 7K, and then just recently 8 months later I received a SP CLI up to 10K.

Discover IT 38.5K | AMEX BCE 20K | AMEX BCE Preffered 25K | PayPal Extras MC 10K
Chase Freedom Visa Signature 25K | Chase Freedom Unlimited 24.1K | Chase Amazon 13.5K

EX FICO: 788 Amex
EQ FICO: 796 DCU
TU FICO: 817 Chase
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

So discover wont CLI my account without a hard pull. i was thinking is it better to take the hard pull by discover or jsut open a new card with a new bank?

If you have just 2 cards then I would get a 3rd like Chase Freedom or Fidelity Amex instead of the hp for discover right now.

Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

If you have just 2 cards then I would get a 3rd like Chase Freedom or Fidelity Amex instead of the hp for discover right now.

sorry, see you have 2 amex and discover... still might add the visa/mc since you don't seem to have one and the 2 you have limit in some acceptance.

Message 5 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Thanks i think im going to wait for the AMEX CLI and then ask discover for the soft pull CLI and see how that goes. can CCC see soft pulls on your reports??

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

Thanks i think im going to wait for the AMEX CLI and then ask discover for the soft pull CLI and see how that goes. can CCC see soft pulls on your reports??

No

Message 7 of 8
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

No they can't see any of your SP'S only you can see them

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.