Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Help

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe all reasons are bogus.  They should all just be a blanket, vague statement like:

"At this time based on your current profile we are unwilling to grant you a credit limit increase." 

Half the time the reasons they give aren't relevant and/or misguide the person receiving the reason and then they go focusing on things that don't matter.

I agree with that. When Synchrony turned down my CLI request on my Amazon card, they gave me a whole raft of reasons, just about all of which were already in my credit report(s) that they HP'ed when they approved my application several months previously, so if they were going by that they should have denied the app in the first place. If they'd told me simply "Your FICO score is too low right now" (I found out my TU FICO was 627) or "You've applied for too much other credit in the past few weeks" (I applied for 2 cards plus a car loan over the previous month), or even the vague, anodyne statement you suggest, I'd have accepted either or both of those explanations with no problem.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.