Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Magic

tag
newUser0
Established Contributor

Discover CLI Magic

I had discover card with CL$1000 for around 1 Y, 4 Months.

Last week I called the customer care for a CLI and he said system declined my CLI request and you will get a reasons in letter mailed to you.

I got the letter just now and it says -

Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request at this time for following reasons :-

[JUST BLANK]

There is NOT  single reason.On the next Page it says, they used TU and my FICO score is 727 with the range 300-850.

Is my score that bad to get a CLI?

Had any one else faced the same issue?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Magic

really sorry for the denial but the reason is absolutely hilarious. I honestly have always believed they had to have a reason for denial, maybe it was a typo?

Message 2 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

May be.

I donno what to do now.

Message 3 of 23
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Call them - Maybe even scan it and send it through their message system.  If you call, you might just get a great rep who will give you a CLI just because of the ridiculousness of this whole thing.  When I got my first CLI from Discover - the rep was a bit bothered by what I told him the last rep had said to me when I called in.  It was clear that he wanted to give me a CLI - in part - as a way to apologize for the poor treatment I received.

@juggalo9er wrote:

really sorry for the denial but the reason is absolutely hilarious. I honestly have always believed they had to have a reason for denial, maybe it was a typo?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 4 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Someone else posted the same thing not long ago. Sorry to hear you didn't get the CLI.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

Thanks guys for the suggestion.

I will call them on Monday. Also to add I had PIF, every time since I had this card.

Many of my friends got a good CLI about $2000 from discover and they suggested me to call the customer care. So, I called them for the FIRST time after being a customer for 1Y,4M. To my surprise I think I got a bad Cust Rep. He was NOT interested in talking much about CLI and used to ask what else Can I do for you sir? . I just told that I want a CLI that matches with my other cards atleast for $1000 more that would bring my CL to $2000 Atleast.

He said, it was declined and he cannot say the reasons and it will be mailed in a letter.

I did not gave a good feed back for him. I really don't see there is any reasons for discover to NOT to give me a CLI. But any way I plan to join "discover hates me club" soon.

Message 6 of 23
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

newUser0, did you speak to someone in the underwriting/credit department? Customer service should have transferred you over. I see no reason not to give the cli. I went from $1500 to 6k after 5-6mos of usage. It was a hp, but they did approve it. Seems to me there were computer issues with your cl increase request. 

Message 7 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

No, Initially I just called the number on back of card. And the Cust Rep did not transferred to any one else. 

He did all the request by himself.

Probably, I will call once there office is open on Monday .

Message 8 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I looked up the other post it said no explanation needed not eligible for a soft pull CLI. I don't know if you tried for a soft pull CLI just thought I would share!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

I told cust rep to go ahead only if it's a SP.

He said it is SP for sure.

I currently don't have any accounts with CB to see the alert. So I am not sure it really is HP or SP.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.