Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Magic

tag
phonic
Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Magic

I've gotten quite a few automatic CLIs with Discover over the past year or so. My starting CL was $5k, which went to $7700 and then $8800 - all without me asking, about once every 4-6 months. A couple weeks ago I requested a CLI to $10800 ($2k+) and was instantly approved. No HP and no SP on EQ (didn't check the others).

I feel kind of stupid for asking for such a small CLI. Should have requested $15-20k and let them approve or counter. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 21 of 23
amakol
Regular Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

Yes, Discover counters. I asked for a HP to $4K over the phone 7 months ago and the rep told me she could only go to $3750. That's my limit now.

Thanks! Was this a hard pull CLI? What was your limit before this?

I didn't see this until now. It was a HP through TU (central CT, Discover has always pulled TU for me). I went from $2250 to 3750. I've had the account open for 4 years now with zero auto-CLI so it was time for it to bump up or get put aside.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 22 of 23
newUser0
Established Contributor

-UPDATE -

I just now called and spoke with discover Credit Analayst and she said, you really have a fantastic history with the DISCOVER, and I would love to give you a CLI you wanted. (I asked the CL from $1000 to $5000)

Then, She checked my last request and she said the ERROR CODE, she could see there is "Length of the Time account has been established with DISCOVER"

I Said her, that I am been a loyal customer since 2012, Then she was kind enough make another SP request, but again was NOT able to give any CLI.

Then, she said the ONLY way I would be able to override this is to actually see your report (HP) . I asked her that Can't she see the SAME report by a SP, but she said she must do a HP to actually to see my report. (NOT SURE, HOW TRUE IS THIS)

Then, I politely declined and said Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.