Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Online Error?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover CLI Online Error?

Does anyone else get this?

Post last week talked about you could do CLI online and keep lowering the amount and if you qualified for a SP CLI you would get instantly approved once you requested low enough... but I only get this:

We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).

Does this mean the account is not eligible for SP CLI AT ALL currently?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Online Error?

Good question.. I did it today and put in 5000,response was would need to do credit pull, so I cancelled. Went back couple hrs. later used 1500, got same message instead of cancel I hit start over and then got this :

We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete.

Now that is all it does when I click the link

I had gotten this message a few mths back, finally called in they said I had withdrawn the request and didn't know why the message stayed as a response whenever I hit the cli link.

It was only today that I noticed it was gone and I could actually use the link only to  get back to same thing again...

Message 2 of 15
missjae
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Does anyone else get this?

Post last week talked about you could do CLI online and keep lowering the amount and if you qualified for a SP CLI you would get instantly approved once you requested low enough... but I only get this:

We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683).

Does this mean the account is not eligible for SP CLI AT ALL currently?

I get this all the time.  I'm pretty sure it means your acct is not eligible for an online CLI.  You can try calling them and requesting a SP CLI.  I haven't tried it yet, but others have had some success with calling.

ETA: They may also tell you that the request requires an HP.

Message 3 of 15
coolerscouter

I get the error too. 

I've had my card since February and got an auto CLI in July. 

I have tried to do a live chat to get a CLI with a soft pull but they are denied because of "inexperience with the current limit."

I'd say to just wait a few months and see if the error goes away.

Message 4 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Called and tried doing it through automated system and it said it needed to transfer me to rep for more info... he processed and it was declined and said it would not even be considered with a hp either... just declined... no pull done.

I don't understand "Not something we would be able to do right now with even a hp, it almost seems like the system does 3 things:

Offers increase with sp

offers increase but they say they have to do hp and they don't tell you that you are getting the increase until you accept hp

or no increase period... i would love to see the computer screen... I love Discover customer service and being in AZ most of the time but I always feel like something is being held back from me... feels a little bit like GE use to be, the computer spit out all answers and that's all that could be done accept you couldn't really understand because you were in another country.

Message 5 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If the account is not elegible for a CLI (chat, button, phone), the system will simply decline it.  There is certain eligibility criteria coupled with other factors that Discover takes into account to determine a CLI - and only if elegible, would qualify for the CLI via SP (unless an auto-CLI was already granted).  Otherwise, you would be prompted to speak with a representative to process the request, which in most cases would result in a HP.  The key criteria with Discover is elegibility.

Message 6 of 15
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

+1 Finstar

I just called discover to increase my limit, but the account manager insisted that an hard inquiry is needed in order to proceed.

I declined...Maybe I should've said yes and allowed for the inquiry to age with the other newly obtained inquiries.
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 7 of 15
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Okay so I called again went ahead with the pull and asked for 5k. I got it. 1 pull on TU.

Sorry to thread jack. Good luck if you wish to proceed, OP
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 8 of 15
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

And*
Message 9 of 15
k84
Valued Member

@9CLINE wrote:

Good question.. I did it today and put in 5000,response was would need to do credit pull, so I cancelled. Went back couple hrs. later used 1500, got same message instead of cancel I hit start over and then got this :

We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete.

Now that is all it does when I click the link

I had gotten this message a few mths back, finally called in they said I had withdrawn the request and didn't know why the message stayed as a response whenever I hit the cli link.

This happened to me too. Tried twice a while ago and it has said an application is pending ever since. Reps have confirmed there is no pending application and that it is a bug with their system.

They couldn't tell me when it would be fixed but they did say their developers know about it and it will be fixed at some point.

You can call or live chat with them and ask for CLI. In my case they wanted a HP so I declined but they can still process a CLI manually even if the website isn't working.

FICO: EQ: 749 | EX: 754 | TU: 776    FAKO: EQ+: 728 | EX+: 728, EX CS: 787 | TU+: 737, TU CK: 754    Gardening until 1/31/2014
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.