Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI SP - advice?

tag
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLI SP - advice?

I've had the card for 17 months now. Stuck at $500. It was a student card at the time. I just did a PC to the Discover IT last month. Everytime I call them they said they need to pull my report. Credit is good/great. I guess all i can do is continue to call once a month and hope?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI SP - advice?

@Lin55 wrote:

I've had the card for 17 months now. Stuck at $500. It was a student card at the time. I just did a PC to the Discover IT last month. Everytime I call them they said they need to pull my report. Credit is good/great. I guess all i can do is continue to call once a month and hope?

It took me over 6 months to get a CLI ....  so if you don't want the HP,  all you can do is keep trying like i did...... I did get the SP CLI for 4500

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

is there a reason why you don't want a HP? If you really need the CLI, just have them do a HP. 

If you just want the CLI for the sake of getting one, then yea keep calling whenever you are bored. There's no time window in between requests so you can even call daily if you want.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

is there a reason why you don't want a HP? If you really need the CLI, just have them do a HP. 

If you just want the CLI for the sake of getting one, then yea keep calling whenever you are bored. There's no time window in between requests so you can even call daily if you want.

Possible AutoLoan soon.

I'll just call here and there then, thanks.

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@Lin55 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Lin55 wrote:

Possible AutoLoan soon.

I'll just call here and there then, thanks.

On the plus side each time you call, you will get a letter in the mail, if you are denied, telling you what you can work on your credit report.  

So far I've only gotten 1 auto CLI once, been approved for a HP CLI once, and have been denied 3 times for SP CLI requests. They don't really seem to budge much with regards to SP CLIs, but if you do need an increase, they can be somewhat generous if you are willing to take the HP.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
Lin55
Frequent Contributor

@enharu, good info, ty.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.