Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Secure Message

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI Secure Message

So I've been denied like everyone else for a Discover cli. I wasn't lucky enough to jump on the discover train, So I secure messaged them and this is the response:

Good morning J,

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand your interest in increasing your line of credit, and I am happy to assist you today.

Generally, as long as your account has been open for at least three months or it has been six billing periods from your last increase we welcome you to submit an increase application.

Hopefully this isn't the new train but I wanted to let everyone know the response I got.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Secure Message

That's their normal time frame for cli.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between Discover shutting down Double Cash the day before I was going to apply and them cutting off the CLI stream, the sock drawer may be getting a new visitor. I'm guessing everybody gets off the Discover bandwagon now. Oh well.
Message 3 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

boooooooooo
Message 4 of 14
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Still using mine daily, just nice that now I'm in the 5% for food and movies. And the double cash will be be a nice chunk of change later on. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

La tarjeta de crédito Discover será mi número de una tarjeta de este año.

Smiley Wink

My Discover card will be my number one card this year! Smiley Very Happy No sock drawer for it! Smiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 14
axlm
Regular Contributor

@Kenny wrote:
La tarjeta de crédito Discover será mi número de una tarjeta de este año.

Smiley Wink

My Discover card will be my number one card this year! Smiley Very Happy No sock drawer for it! Smiley Very Happy

La tarjeta de crédito Discover será mi tarjeta número uno de este año.

Small correction to contribute with the foreign language learning process. Other than that, +1 Smiley Wink

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 7 of 14
Simply827
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Between Discover shutting down Double Cash the day before I was going to apply and them cutting off the CLI stream, the sock drawer may be getting a new visitor. I'm guessing everybody gets off the Discover bandwagon now. Oh well.

I think you can still call in and add the Double Cash to your account.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply827 wrote:

I think you can still call in and add the Double Cash to your account.

from what i was told no you cannot

there was apparantly a deadline on it or something

and i guess too many people called in to complain or something and they nixed it 

also to OP i got the same response about 3 months when trying to get a CLI i have the it card

Message 9 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, the Double promo is no longer open to existing cardholders, and it is now stated clearly on the page that it's "for new accounts only".

Despite that, and the fact that ok, maybe CLIs arent given out like crazy anymore like they briefly seemed to be, I think people need to calm down. Discover is IMO still a great card. 5% is still a good return, and the categories at least for me are useful, though that's an individual thing. I love my Discover even with 1%/5%. No card is going to suit everything you want (i.e. high limit, great rewards, low APR) all at the same time. That's why having a few that suit you in different ways is best. Discover has always been generous with me with limits even prior to the recent craze; my CL grew from 2k in 2012 to something like 10k at the beginning of this year. So it can grow. The rewards have always suited me but to each their own.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.