Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Tactics?

$1501?

Message 11 of 17
anybodii
New Contributor

If I got a dollar CLI on one of my cards I think after the hour of laughing got done I'd thank them and be glad I got something lol

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I keep hearing about this phone cli with discover. Does everyone have this when they call the customer service number? When I call it doesn't give me an option to request an increase via an automated system. My card is only 6 Months could this be why I don't have this option?
Message 13 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Started out with a $1500 Discover in March, which was a very low limit for me at the time. I charged $12k on the card over six months and in September got increased to $10,000. I know that isn't much but I was able to demonstrate to DFS that I can charge and pay off $12k in a few months and was highly profitiable. That's really what it comes down to, and I'm sure I will get to $15-$20k in March 2012.

Message 14 of 17
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Forget Discover, I have had much easier time with BOA.

Message 15 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

Forget Discover, I have had much easier time with BOA.

If only they weren't so hot on Experian, I might wade into their waters. 

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 16 of 17
MrCredit
Established Contributor

By far, I have found them the easiest bank to get along with for CLIs with the Luv Button.

Every three months I press it, they say to call in, three days later, I get what I want. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.