Did you mean: 

Discover CLI - always a HP?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI - always a HP?

@Settemio wrote:

@revvystoke wrote:

Just give them a call, ask for a CLI and ask them to tell you if you qualify for a CLI or if they will have to pull your credit. They have always told me when it will be a HP.

I dont need to call them, I already know it is a HP by what the website tells me... and like the other person said, if it was a SP, id see it there as well. I was just posting to see if it is always a HP.

Good luck....looks that I am not the only one on this mission ...LOL

Message 11 of 16
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

I dealt with Discover today.  My line was $4K and 13 months old.  Spent about $1K-2.5K a month on it and always PIF (1 day late once (terrible day)).  I asked to get a CLI to match my Chase Freedom ($12K) and they said they would try first with a SP.  Quickly told me that that could not be done and was asked if I would like to try with a HP.  Said yes and was transferred to another CSR.  After 15 mins was approved for the $12,600!  They pulled TU.  Really, really pleased.  Super customer service as well.

That's a big win for me and it's thanks to a lot of people here for the direction and info.  I love this place.  Smiley Tongue

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Movin_on_up wrote:

I dealt with Discover today.  My line was $4K and 13 months old.  Spent about $1K-2.5K a month on it and always PIF (1 day late once (terrible day)).  I asked to get a CLI to match my Chase Freedom ($12K) and they said they would try first with a SP.  Quickly told me that that could not be done and asked if I would like to try with a HP.  Said yes and was transferred to another CSR.  After 15 mins was approved for the $12,600!  They pulled TU.  Really, really pleased.  Super customer service as well.

That's a big win for me and it's thanks to a lot of people here for the direction and info.  I love this place.  Smiley Tongue

Definitely worth a hp!

Message 13 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I wonder what the SP amount would have been. I've been SP CLI'd up from 2k to 9k in increments.. totally worth it to me to not do the HP. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
stevenngu92
Contributor

I had the same situation as you op. Even a $100 raise required a HP, so i just sockdrawered it for about half a year until this quarter (5% back on online purchase) and charged the heck out of it. went over my previous limit ($1000) a few times and PIFed and they decided to auto-cli me to 3k. fwiw I had the card for almost a year and a half.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Had several SP CLI's. Always call the rep and explain no HP. If it is required I pass on it.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.