Re: Discover CLI denied

@Obey

It doesn't even warrant a pic in your siggy! Man, that's cold-blooded. Lol
Message 11 of 20
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Yeah, don't feel bad.

Me and my DW have combined income near 200K, joined account; I'm in the 700 range and she's in 750; called them several times after 6 months. NO LOVE. Stuck at $1000.

My little sister is still in school and got her initial CL at 6K and auto luv after 3-4 months to 9K.

Something is wrong with Discover! I stop using the card and am now using AMEX full time
FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 12 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:
Yeah, don't feel bad.

Me and my DW have combined income near 200K, joined account; I'm in the 700 range and she's in 750; called them several times after 6 months. NO LOVE. Stuck at $1000.

My little sister is still in school and got her initial CL at 6K and auto luv after 3-4 months to 9K.

Something is wrong with Discover! I stop using the card and am now using AMEX full time

Did the same thing, PRG gets all my luv now! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Its bad enough I get bombarded with Discover ads here now every NHL playoff game I watch im getting bombarded with ads!!!!

NO Discover you give me luv I use your card!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Anonymous

It doesn't even warrant a pic in your siggy! Man, that's cold-blooded. Lol

Haha! That's what they get. I am grateful because they approved me when I first started building and It did became my main card for a while but did not recieve any luv. My main card is my Amex Green, then Chase. 

Ps have to update my siggy. Haha. Smiley Happy 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 15 of 20
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@pt2005 wrote:
Yeah, don't feel bad.

Well, I am continually baffled by all the issuers.  Chase took over from WaMu in 2009, they cut my CL and raised my APR.  I've beem stuck at the same $1.3K limit ever since.  Discover, which got burned by me when I went through a truly bad patch, gave me an instant approval at $6.5k.  Tried multiple times to recon the Chase decline of the Marriott card, and got no where.  Have never missed a payment with Chase or anyone, since my 07 BK7. 

I think it would be easier to locate a specific grain of sand in the Kalahari, than it is to try to understand how these banks make their decisions.

Message 16 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@pt2005 wrote:
Yeah, don't feel bad.

Well, I am continually baffled by all the issuers.  Chase took over from WaMu in 2009, they cut my CL and raised my APR.  I've beem stuck at the same $1.3K limit ever since.  Discover, which got burned by me when I went through a truly bad patch, gave me an instant approval at $6.5k.  Tried multiple times to recon the Chase decline of the Marriott card, and got no where.  Have never missed a payment with Chase or anyone, since my 07 BK7. 

I think it would be easier to locate a specific grain of sand in the Kalahari, than it is to try to understand how these banks make their decisions.

LMAO!!!!

Or find that elusive needle in the haystack!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 20
neonsign82

Sorry to hear that :-(

Discover has been pretty generous to me...

Opened Discover More June last year with $2K line... then increased to $5K on December (hard pull - Transunion) then increased again last week to $15K (again another hard pull on Transunion)

I always pay in pull before the statement cuts and I charge at least $1K a month on the card...

FICO: 714 (EQ) 11/08/2013
Creditsecure FAKO: 744 (TU) | 744 (EX) 11/08/2013; CreditKarma FAKO: 781 (TU) 11/09/2013
Wells Fargo ($15K) 11/11 | Amex Zync 06/12 | Discover ($15K) 06/12 | Associated Bank ($11K) 06/12 | DCU ($8K) 07/12 | Amex Blue Cash ($16K) 12/12 | Amex Platinum 11/12 | BofA Cash Rewards ($20K) 08/13 | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($54,000) 11/13 | Citi AAdvantage ($15K) 1/14 | Lufthansa MC ($16K) 01/14 | Citi Exec AA ($20K) 02/14
Message 18 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

Truly sorry to hear thatSmiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 20
kblatt
New Contributor

That's crazy!  I cannot believe they did not approve you.

Please be careful with any CC company, I was burned by BofA a few weeks ago during a CLI.  I asked if it was a soft pull before submitting the request via online form and was told it was.  A day later the credit monitoring alerts started rolling in... you guessed it.

Be sure to keep an eye on your reports (all 3).  Call them out on it if they didn't live up to their word.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.