Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI+missing reward

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Discover CLI+missing reward

Hi guys, i wll be eligible to ask for a CLI next week, my question is should i pay off the balance before asking or just leave it as is. My limit 2k,balance 1455,uti 19% mainly on 2 cards out of 11.

Also, anyone has your reward missing. They did not reward me points correctly,call about it 3 times, all said it will be corrected/they manual corrected it/it will appear after 2 billing cycle..yet,its been 9 weeks and i still havent seen the correct amount. I'm really dont want to place another call and to talk about it all over again.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI+missing reward

@bigbang91 wrote:

Hi guys, i wll be eligible to ask for a CLI next week, my question is should i pay off the balance before asking or just leave it as is. My limit 2k,balance 1455,uti 19% mainly on 2 cards out of 11.

Also, anyone has your reward missing. They did not reward me points correctly,call about it 3 times, all said it will be corrected/they manual corrected it/it will appear after 2 billing cycle..yet,its been 9 weeks and i still havent seen the correct amount. I'm really dont want to place another call and to talk about it all over again.

I don't know about the CLI, but my father has a Discover card.  Although I don't know the details, he has mentioned a few times that they ripped him off for his rewards.

Message 2 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

call 3rd times,have to say everything all over again. This time,the rep said"the merchant code  did not register as online store"<== which is totally bull**bleep**,Newegg is an online store???totally rip off by Discover,i dont care about the reward but it's a matter of principal. Anyone know how to escalate this?Im tempted to close the account soon because of this

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

If I were you, I would call in and demand a manager right away. Tell him you have called multiple times for this concern and request a resolution immediately.

Message 4 of 7
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

Discover will most likely SP, and if the case, they may already have enough info on you to decide a new CL without looking at your util across the boards. They'll most likely look more internally at your account (balance, history, etc) and decide the CLI that way. I would pay it down a bit before hitting the button. just my two bits. 

Message 5 of 7
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Pay it down before asking for a CLI.

It will give you better leverage.  You can tell them how you used 80% of your available CL but didn't like doing so because it puts you so close to being maxed out.

A highter CL is needed to continue to use the card at such a high rate in order to feel comfortable in doing so.

It's alot easier to put $2k on a $5k+ card than it is a $2.5 card. 

I'm gun shy as hell after I got CLD'd when I used 35% of my Discover and 3 Chase cards. (CSP, Freedom, Slate)

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i bearly use my Discover just paying a balance i have there and putting it in the drawer for a couple of months so it reports 0 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.