Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI online vs phone

I am on phone so I don't know how to edit the post, I requested online

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 11 of 16
dize
Regular Contributor

what is the sequence you guys press to get the automated online phone system? i've tried calling but have never been given the option over the phone to request a CLI either, unless I speak to a representative. 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover it is about 2 years old. Recently requested a CLI online for a little less than double the existing CL. Was approved instantly w/o HP.

Message 13 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If we're talking about discover, they countered for me. I asked for $5000 and they came back with 3300 without a HP. This was using the online system

Theory....DEBUNKEDSmiley Very Happy

Well then I guess I can continue to request it online. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it hasn't been 3 months since your last CLI, online they will deny you outright (or in my case give you a 7-10 day message)
Message 15 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

thats fine and dandy for the people who can get the online system to work for them, but i think majority of people out there don't have that option. I have had card for 15 months or so and never had the online option. Always had to go thru automated telephone. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.