Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI question...

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Discover CLI question...

My 5th statement will be in a few days and I was wondering about a  CLI.  I have read that some people get auto increases but the timing varies. I have also read that there is a CLI "love" button lol.  Is this the "request credit increase" button located under "credit options"  ?  I've heard that if the button is there that means you should be able to receive an increase.  Is this true? I have this button on my account, and have not received an increase as of yet. I know it's still kind of early, but I really want to maximize my UTL. I have a $1700 Cl as of now, and would love to get it somewhere around $2200-2500. I just paid off my Cap1 and have about $800 on my Discover, so if I could get an increase it would help my UTL out.

Is this request button a hard pull or soft? I'm trying to really watch my back and get my Fico's up as much as possible for my second attempt at getting approved for Care Credit next month.So I don't want the extra INQ's on my reports.

Does anyone know if I should just stick it out and wait around to see if they Auto me...or should I attempt the button....lol

If so, how much more (than your current CL) should you typically ask for?

---I've never been late and have always paid much more than the payment amount due, but have been leaving a balance.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI question...

Yes, that is the button.  I had it there for mine but they denied my CLI request. 

Message 2 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

My 5th statement will be in a few days and I was wondering about a  CLI.  I have read that some people get auto increases but the timing varies. I have also read that there is a CLI "love" button lol.  Is this the "request credit increase" button located under "credit options"  ?  I've heard that if the button is there that means you should be able to receive an increase.  Is this true? I have this button on my account, and have not received an increase as of yet. I know it's still kind of early, but I really want to maximize my UTL. I have a $1700 Cl as of now, and would love to get it somewhere around $2200-2500. I just paid off my Cap1 and have about $800 on my Discover, so if I could get an increase it would help my UTL out.

Is this request button a hard pull or soft? I'm trying to really watch my back and get my Fico's up as much as possible for my second attempt at getting approved for Care Credit next month.So I don't want the extra INQ's on my reports.

Does anyone know if I should just stick it out and wait around to see if they Auto me...or should I attempt the button....lol

If so, how much more (than your current CL) should you typically ask for?

---I've never been late and have always paid much more than the payment amount due, but have been leaving a balance.

Thanks!

Hey Sitori!

Discover is a weird beast when it comes to the CLI button...and auto CLI in general!

Although it's your 5th statement, I highly recommend waiting until the end of the 6 statement. The recommendation for CLI is every 6 months/statements, so you will have a better chance with that! However, other people have reported getting one when the button is available, so you could always give it a shot!

The pull is also tricky as well...sometimes it's soft, sometimes it's hard. As you fill out the form and submit, it's like russian roulette. Ask too high, hard pull instantly. Ask for a decent amount, could get a counteroffer for a soft, but if you want the full amount, hard pull it is. Ask for a modest amount, instant soft.

Personally, I would stick it out to your 6th statement for a better chance of approval AND a soft pull. Pulling too soon may let you get it, but with a hard pull. Also, be modest in your increase. When I asked around for my brother's Discover, they said don't do more than $1,000-$2,000 at a time if you're banking on a soft! He didn't receive an auto CLI at 6 months, but got one at 9 months, for a grand total of $250 increase Smiley Very Happy then again, he got approved for $5,000 and that to this day is his highest limit, so understandably so!

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 4
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

yikes.   Sounds a bit tricky!   My Amazon store card auto increased me at 4 months, which was pretty shocking because I assumed it was the 6th month mark for everyone. Not complaining ofcourse! I guess I will stick it out and wait....especially since the previous post said their button was there but was denied! That's just mean...lol

My main thing is not getting a HP...not right now anyway. I would probably only ask for $2500 which would be less than $1000 increase.

Too bad! I was hoping for something to help my UTL a little.....although my annoying Cap1 "steps" should be kicking in next month with the AMAZING $500 CLI. Smiley LOL

Still...I guess that'll help a little.

Thanks for your help =)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.