Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI question

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI question

Do you think Discover tracks CLI requests? I have not had the luv button online for some time now, but I recently got the option to ask for one by phone (option wasn't there before). I just tried three different amounts and none were granted. It was automated, with an option to speak to someone afterwards (probably for a HP request), which I didn't do. Is there harm in continuing to try? Should I hold off or keep on at it? Should I try after I pay off my balance? This is the card I let report a 5-6% balance on monthly for CR purposes, but since it isnt statement time yet, I'm currently at about 39% (CL is only $1k).
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
stone
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover CLI question

What is outcome you finally got? Same situation as you, CL $1000.

Message 2 of 5
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

No...no...and no.!

Lmao. I don't need it nor will I be upset I didn't get it. My account was opened last August, and I have other new accounts since. I was just glad to get the option for an increase so I tried it. It shouldn't be HP as they never asked permission to pull, which they would've with me speaking to an analyst. I will probably try once again in a few days after I pay my balance down.
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
Do you think Discover tracks CLI requests? I have not had the luv button online for some time now, but I recently got the option to ask for one by phone (option wasn't there before). I just tried three different amounts and none were granted. It was automated, with an option to speak to someone afterwards (probably for a HP request), which I didn't do. Is there harm in continuing to try? Should I hold off or keep on at it? Should I try after I pay off my balance? This is the card I let report a 5-6% balance on monthly for CR purposes, but since it isnt statement time yet, I'm currently at about 39% (CL is only $1k).

I would hit them up every 6 months, more than likely they do track it and I doubt they would get spooked if your taking proper care of the card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Yes, they do. I was told by a CSR once that I requested CLI too many times.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.