Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI question

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Discover CLI question

So, I've had the It card for several months now, and I've noticed when I click the CLI button on the website it says 

"We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683)."

When I apped it asked me to call for an instant decision, and they said they would approve me at a 22% interest rate. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm wondering if it is like the Best Buy cards that have the different classes of accounts, or at the 6th month is when it lets you request a CLI online.

Does anybody else have this same problem with a newly opened account?

On another note, I requested a CLI on my Barclays card and now my total CL is $2000. Smiley Happy

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover CLI question

Message 2 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

So, I've had the It card for several months now, and I've noticed when I click the CLI button on the website it says 

"We're Sorry.

Your credit limit increase request cannot be processed at this time. For assistance, please call 1-800-DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683)."

When I apped it asked me to call for an instant decision, and they said they would approve me at a 22% interest rate. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm wondering if it is like the Best Buy cards that have the different classes of accounts, or at the 6th month is when it lets you request a CLI online.

On another note, I requested a CLI on my Barclays card and now my total CL is $2000. Smiley Happy

I still get that message and my account has been open for over a year Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Opened 1/31/13

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 4 of 8
colindidit
Established Contributor

I get it mine is almost 2 months old I'm afraid it'll never increase haha
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 8
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

ive almost had the card two years and have always had that response when I click the button, except once

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 6 of 8
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Thanks all!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that gets that message.

Message 7 of 8
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

"We're Sorry.

Congrats on Barclays! As for Discover, I always read it's every six months (not statements). Good luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.