Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI question

tag
trzarocks

Re: Discover CLI question

@Mcast1018 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

Try doing the robo-cli.  Call the number on the card and follow the prompts.  I was able to do a SP CLI even though the website never allowed one the year I have had the card.

I called the 1800 number and went through the automated system but none of the options were to request a cli? Was there something you did different?

I don't remember off hand.  But i think you choose credit card, sleep through the balance info, and then request a CLI is an option.  Maybe 3 button pushes to get there.

Message 11 of 30
amakol
Regular Contributor

@trzarocks wrote:
I don't remember off hand.  But i think you choose credit card, sleep through the balance info, and then request a CLI is an option.  Maybe 3 button pushes to get there.

Just tried it out. Pressed 1 for automated system, enter account ID, # to skip balance info, 4 for more options, 3 for CLI, enter income and rent payment and the computer gave me $1000 CLI!!

I thought Discover hated me with online CLI page giving error messages and phone reps always needing a HP for even the smallest increase.

Is this for sure a SP though? I pressed accept so quickly the robot was still saying "if you decline..."

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 12 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

Just tried it out. Pressed 1 for automated system, enter account ID, # to skip balance info, 4 for more options, 3 for CLI, enter income and rent payment and the computer gave me $1000 CLI!!

I thought Discover hated me with online CLI page giving error messages and phone reps always needing a HP for even the smallest increase.

Is this for sure a SP though? I pressed accept so quickly the robot was still saying "if you decline..."

bonehead,

Did some quick searches from previous posts, and looks like it's practically a guaranteed soft pull. If it wasn't, the system would prompt you for a hard pull and/or connect you to a CSR.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Automated-phone-CLI-Question/td-p/1215011

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-More-CLI-with-soft-pull/td-p/1103172

They are from 2012 and 2011, respectively, but seems like it runs the same way based on what trza said.

All the best!

Message 13 of 30
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

It didn't work for me...Smiley Sad. option 3 was to replace a card, not for CLI...and CLI was not an option for me at all. In the SD it will stay.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 14 of 30
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

It didn't work for me...Smiley Sad. option 3 was to replace a card, not for CLI...and CLI was not an option for me at all. In the SD it will stay.

Same here... option 3 was to replace card Smiley Sad I'm sad... Account's been open since Aug '13. ton of usage, low util %. It was once my highest CL now it's my lowest and looks like it'll stay that way Smiley Sad

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 15 of 30
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Mcast1018 wrote:

I just called to try to get it increased to 5k . They said they would have to do a hard pull from all 3 CA's.. That's ridiculous, might as well apply for 3 more cards if that we're the case

It's all based on your credit.  If borderline a creditor can pull multiple.  Just requested a CLI on my own Discover and it was a single HP.  If you're in that shape it's probably not advisable to app for 3 cards and appear desparate for credit as well as risk the denials.  Work on improving things and try again later.

Message 16 of 30
Mcast1018

@Genkeim wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

Same here... option 3 was to replace card Smiley Sad I'm sad... Account's been open since Aug '13. ton of usage, low util %. It was once my highest CL now it's my lowest and looks like it'll stay that way Smiley Sad

Yeah option 3 for me is to replace a card...none of the options give me the option to request a cli. Today, just for the heck of it, i clicked on "request a credit line increase" online and the page it brings me to says

"We're sorry. You already have a credit line increase request in progress.

We are unable to process another request until your current one is complete."

How is this possible if a withdrew from the application yesterday?

Message 17 of 30
Genkeim
Frequent Contributor

I think you're only allowed one request every 90 days? So even though you stopped the HP it still counts as a request.

NFCU NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $12.5k | NFCU goRewards $12.5k |AMEX SPG $10k | Citi AA WEMC $6.5k | CSP $5k | Wal-Mart MC $4.5k | US Air WMC $3.9k | Amex Everyday $2k | Amex BCE $2k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $800
Current Scores:Equifax 697 (myFICO 4/14), TransUnion 699 (Discover 5/14), Experian 754 (Amex 5/14)
Message 18 of 30
Mcast1018

@Genkeim wrote:

I think you're only allowed one request every 90 days? So even though you stopped the HP it still counts as a request.

I don't think so though. I had asked the customer service rep if I would have to wait some time to request another cli and he said no; that i could try at any time I wanted because he never actually submitted the application.

Maybe they're reviewing my account for an auto cli? That'd be nice Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 30
amakol
Regular Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@bonehead88 wrote:

@trzarocks wrote:

bonehead,

Did some quick searches from previous posts, and looks like it's practically a guaranteed soft pull. If it wasn't, the system would prompt you for a hard pull and/or connect you to a CSR.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Automated-phone-CLI-Question/td-p/1215011

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-More-CLI-with-soft-pull/td-p/1103172

They are from 2012 and 2011, respectively, but seems like it runs the same way based on what trza said.

All the best!

Thanks daybreak.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.