cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI request denied via CSR, recon HUGE SUCCESS!

Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI request denied via CSR, recon HUGE SUCCESS!

Congratulation....That's very nice increase.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase way to go!

Contributor

Awesome outcome. I started out at $2k about 5mo ago and have not seen any CLI. I average $800/mo and always PIF'd. My scores are just a smidge north of OP's (latest Amex EXP shows 686, and TU is sitting at 712 from 3 mo ago). I'm hoping I see something next month as I get past my 6th statement. Thanks to OP I know that I should just call in and see what's up if I don't get some kind of action next month. Congrats OP!

Regular Contributor

• Definitely try the automated process first, if you get the credit department and speak to a person you more than likely will have a hard pull.  They are very generous though and have the best customer service.  Best of luck.

Moderator Emeritus

That is an amazing recon experience Smiley Happy  I'm glad they were able to give you a nice CLI over the phone, even though it cost a HP, seems like it was well worth it!

I love Discover Customer Service...  Very nice Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Update: Amex is now at $4.8k! After 8 denials for an increase over the past two years, I achieved succes with the automated system last night. I originally had a $3k limit on the card when it was issued in 2007, late 2008 (credit crisis) they dropped me to $1,600 and I have been trying to get it up ever since.
Do I have to wait 60 days or 6 months before I can request another increase with Amex? Thanks!

Regular Contributor

webhopper wrote:

That is an amazing recon experience Smiley Happy  I'm glad they were able to give you a nice CLI over the phone, even though it cost a HP, seems like it was well worth it!

I love Discover Customer Service...  Very nice Smiley Happy

It was well worth it, they pulled TU which had no inquiries on it.  My EQ had 3.