Reply
Contributor
SpiceIslander
Posts: 326
Registered: ‎02-01-2010

Re: Discover CLI's


LS2982 wrote:


They love high usage, I haven't used it a whole lot lately (about $500 a month) with my other cards I have to split usage. Who knows, maybe i'll get lucky!

 


I told them I had to limit my usage because of my low limit. LOL!

Meg.

FICO: 04/2014 - TU 765 | EQ ??? | EX 768

Amex BCP 12900 | Lowes 10,000 | LOC 9300 | Sallie Mae/Barclays World MC 9000 | FNBO 8900 | BOA Platinum+ 6000 | Citi Simplicity 5200 | Chase CSP 5000 | Achieva CU 4000 | Discover 4000 | Sam's Club 3000 | Sears 900
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012

Re: Discover CLI's

[ Edited ]

I got the Discover More in late May, '12, with a $3000 CL.  I charged about $1200-1300 on it, and have made two payments of $200-300 each.  Still have a balance of $800 and they just gave me a $500 autoCLI about 2 weeks ago - I had only had the card for 10 weeks. CL is now $3500.

 

No complaints so far, but I certainly don't expect them to keep doing this... :smileytongue:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Valued Contributor
RockinRay
Posts: 1,937
Registered: ‎08-13-2007

Re: Discover CLI's


LS2982 wrote:

RockinRay wrote:

LS - Discover is strange.

 

If you remember, they started me at $1500, then auto CLI a year later to $2000. Then about a month ago when I changed to the IT card, they increased me with a SP to $5000.00. My TU score was 785 at the time and my util was less than 1%.

 

I asked the rep when I could ask for another CL and she told me every 6 months.

 

So good luck, give them a call as you have nothing to lose with them...


Thats encouraging...................but I don't think I can have my util. nowhere near 1%, my scores should be right at 700 by then.

 


I would not worry about the util I think. As long as you are close to 700 I bet you will be happy.  It may be small but at least it will be something.

 

Like I say, they are a strange bunch. But I do like their card and will use it mostly for Holiday on-line shopping this year through Shop Discover. 

 

Good luck and I think your PSECU Visa will help your cause!  :smileyhappy: I just used mine the other day for a $4.00 purchase at the gas station - just to keep it active.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Discover CLI's


TNTransplant wrote:

I got the Discover More in late May, '12, with a $3000 CL.  I charged about $1200-1300 on it, and have made two payments of $200-300 each.  Still have a balance of $800 and they just gave me a $500 autoCLI about 2 weeks ago - I had only had the card for 10 weeks. CL is now $3500.

 

No complaints so far, but I certainly don't expect them to keep doing this... :smileytongue:


$500 would be kinda low to me, I'd like at least a 2K CL. But if its only $500 beggers cant be choosers :smileyvery-happy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
frugalQ
Posts: 479
Registered: ‎03-23-2012

Re: Discover CLI's

High usage is the only way to explain why I got the increase, but even then I put only around 500-800 a month on the card....that's sizable in my world. Rofl
Capital One Platinum 0/2.5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 0/7K - Amex BCP 0/8.5K - Chase Freedom 0/3K - Discover IT 0/6.5K - LOC 0/2.5K
Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Posts: 772
Registered: ‎01-03-2012

Re: Discover CLI's


LS2982 wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

I got the Discover More in late May, '12, with a $3000 CL.  I charged about $1200-1300 on it, and have made two payments of $200-300 each.  Still have a balance of $800 and they just gave me a $500 autoCLI about 2 weeks ago - I had only had the card for 10 weeks. CL is now $3500.

 

No complaints so far, but I certainly don't expect them to keep doing this... :smileytongue:


$500 would be kinda low to me, I'd like at least a 2K CL. But if its only $500 beggers cant be choosers :smileyvery-happy:


Isn't it funny how things change?  When I joined this forum in January, I would have killed for any type of approval, let alone a $2000 card.

 

I applied for a CC with my local bank last week after getting yet another preapproved invitation letter (been with them 10 years and applied 3-4 times) and have never been approved.  Did not get an instant decline, but got the 10-14 day message.  Today the card shows up in the mail with a $3000 CL, and now I'm not sure that I want to activate/keep it because of the CL.  It's all relative, I guess...:smileyindifferent:


Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011

Re: Discover CLI's


TNTransplant wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

TNTransplant wrote:

I got the Discover More in late May, '12, with a $3000 CL.  I charged about $1200-1300 on it, and have made two payments of $200-300 each.  Still have a balance of $800 and they just gave me a $500 autoCLI about 2 weeks ago - I had only had the card for 10 weeks. CL is now $3500.

 

No complaints so far, but I certainly don't expect them to keep doing this... :smileytongue:


$500 would be kinda low to me, I'd like at least a 2K CL. But if its only $500 beggers cant be choosers :smileyvery-happy:


Isn't it funny how things change?  When I joined this forum in January, I would have killed for any type of approval, let alone a $2000 card.

 

I applied for a CC with my local bank last week after getting yet another preapproved invitation letter (been with them 10 years and applied 3-4 times) and have never been approved.  Did not get an instant decline, but got the 10-14 day message.  Today the card shows up in the mail with a $3000 CL, and now I'm not sure that I want to activate/keep it because of the CL.  It's all relative, I guess...:smileyindifferent:


Very true!!! :smileyvery-happy:

 

CONGRATS on your approval!!!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Posts: 1,881
Registered: ‎01-24-2012

Re: Discover CLI's

I requested one about three or soweeks ago and it was decline because of recently open accounts and inquiries. Then last Monday I get a telephone call from them about the account can receive an increase. I said okay and she goes over income and the new business I started. She tells me it will be a soft pull on Transunion and put me on hold while she looked it over. She told me that she Discover really likes it when balances are all really low or zero (all cards were reporting zero, except for one which had one dollar on it).

 

She said she was ignoring the inquiries and new accounts since she could see I am not in need of credit, but warned that other lenders may not feel the same. She increased it to $3000 from $1000, which is kind of on the lower end of all the limits. Heavy spending had nothing to do with it because I only spent $800 back in February to get the bonus and have not touched it since. Last score I got for Transunion was around 757 or something like that.

 

With the information she told me, I would wait until you have very low utilisation of lines for the best outcome.

Established Contributor
flowfaster
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

Re: Discover CLI's


RockinRay wrote:

LS - Discover is strange.

 

If you remember, they started me at $1500, then auto CLI a year later to $2000. Then about a month ago when I changed to the IT card, they increased me with a SP to $5000.00. My TU score was 785 at the time and my util was less than 1%.

 

I asked the rep when I could ask for another CL and she told me every 6 months.

 

So good luck, give them a call as you have nothing to lose with them...


This is very similar to my situation except I requested my first CLI.  I went from $1500-$2000-$5000 in exactly 1 year.

 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,509
Registered: ‎01-10-2008

Re: Discover CLI's

they generally prefer low UTI

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+