Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI soft pull ?

tag
anonymous4a
New Contributor

Discover CLI soft pull ?

Hi, can I do a CLI soft pull for Discover IT through phone automated response ? If so, what is the number for that ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI soft pull ?

It depends, some people have done a CLI via SP and some other HP. In my case, it always been a HP for CLI

Message 2 of 8
Jlu
Established Contributor

Login to your account

Tab over to Credit Options

Click Request Credit Increase

See what it tells you - if it says cannot process it will require HP via phone, if it says this will require a copy of your report then it also means HP.

If it says it will not effect your score you are a winner.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

You must say that when it asks you why you want a CLI.

"Winner, winner, chicken dinner."

Works every time.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you guys make of this? I'm getting mixed messages:

"Requesting an increase to your credit line is easy. Tell us the amount you would like your credit line to increase by and provide some of your employment and financial information to help us with our decision.  This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  Most decisions are immediate, however it may take up to two businness days.

*All fields are required.

Requested Credit Line Increase *

Enter the amount by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score"

Thanks my new favorite foum!.

Message 4 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you guys make of this? I'm getting mixed messages:

"Requesting an increase to your credit line is easy. Tell us the amount you would like your credit line to increase by and provide some of your employment and financial information to help us with our decision.  This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  Most decisions are immediate, however it may take up to two businness days.

*All fields are required.

Requested Credit Line Increase *

Enter the amount by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score"

Thanks my new favorite foum!.

It means if they can do a CLI via SP they will and if not then they will inform you that a HP will be required. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is very good with warning about a hp for cli requests. To try the automated system simply call the number on the card and go through the options if a hp is needed it will transfer you to a rep. In which you could simply hang up.
Message 6 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

1800-DISCOVER

Message 7 of 8
BUN
Established Contributor

I just did one last night through the automated system. They will ask you some questions and do it on the spot!
Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.