Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI timeframe confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI timeframe confusion

I am trying to figure out what 'time table' I am on for increases. At first, I thought I was at the 91 days because of my first increase. However, I mashed the button at 91 days after that and was denied. It was well over 91 days until my next one. How often would you try? Every 90-120 days or maybe sooner? Has anyone ever gotten more than $500 at a time after awhile?

Opened 1/16/2016 SL $1400
First CLI 4/18/2016 $500 to $1900
2nd CLI 8/10/2016 $500 to $2400

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI timeframe confusion

People have reported Discover CLIs much sooner than 91 days; a lot of people try every 31 days and have seen favorable results.

Message 2 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Since it's a SP you can hit the button everyday or several times a day if you want to.  Here's a link to my experience though showing how they progressed over a year.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-first-year-with-Discover-Data-Points/m-p/47...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice writeup on your first year with Discover in that thread.  Good to know that with relatively small spends you can still grow your card quite quickly.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah my last bump was $1500 after a 2 day review.  Over $500 is possible for sure.  And I think officially you can get one every 30 days but it depends on your profile to grant you one.

Curious do you have something that would be keeping them from giving more luv?  Many accounts, baddies?

Message 5 of 9
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

It has been 90 days for me consistently. I usually try once or twice before then, but always get turned down. I was getting $1,000 cli's pretty consistently, but the last 2 I have gotten $5,000 each time. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 9
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

I think so much of it is dependent on your credit file and what they (Discover) believe you can handle. I received another $7k increase after just 28 days today.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

It has been 90 days for me consistently. I usually try once or twice before then, but always get turned down. I was getting $1,000 cli's pretty consistently, but the last 2 I have gotten $5,000 each time. 

What is your typical monthly spend and pay pattern?  Did you change it at all prior to getting the the $5k bumps?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl wrote:

I think so much of it is dependent on your credit file and what they (Discover) believe you can handle. I received another $7k increase after just 28 days today.

Nice bump.  What is your typical monthly spend on Discover and do you always PIF?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.