Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI today...Yes!!!!

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

Discover CLI today...Yes!!!!

After a year and a half, I finally got a $2k increase. Discover was stubborn every time I asked a CR for a CLI. They said I was declined (no reason) and told me they would have to do a hard pull to determine my eligibility - two of my scores were over 800 and the other one was over 780 at the time with no negatives and UTL was below 5%.

Believe it or not, I called the number on the back of my card and used the automated service today and BINGO! I'm happy now!  No more CCs and CLIs for a while. Just gardening now!

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI today...Yes!!!!

Congrats! I love the feeling of a new CLI!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I got mine today as well, a $2500 increase after 9 months! All I did was call customer service, when she (very sexy voice) asked why do I want a credit increase, I said, "Well... because it's cool?" She laughed, punched in some numbers and voila, a CLI.

Message Edited by ericksond on 05-12-2009 04:35 PM
Message 3 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@BBYGRL wrote:

After a year and a half, I finally got a $2k increase. Discover was stubborn every time I asked a CR for a CLI. They said I was declined (no reason) and told me they would have to do a hard pull to determine my eligibility - two of my scores were over 800 and the other one was over 780 at the time with no negatives and UTL was below 5%.

Believe it or not, I called the number on the back of my card and used the automated service today and BINGO! I'm happy now!  No more CCs and CLIs for a while. Just gardening now!

AWSOME!!! . . . Congrats BBYGRL.  Quick question . . . . what were your scores when you initially applied for Discover.  Maybe that was why they made you wait so long???  Reason I ask is because I call every 6 mo. and get a CLI like clockwork and my scores are in the mid 700's.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Message 4 of 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I can't wait to join the Discover family in 2011.
Message 5 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Didn't you get a Citi Platinum Amex a while back BBYGRL? How is that card working out for you? I want it really, really bad. 

Here we go again...
Message 6 of 12
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Congrats!

Didn't you get a Citi Platinum Amex a while back BBYGRL? How is that card working out for you? I want it really, really bad. 

What are the benefits of having that card? 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats BBYGRL
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats ericksond

Message 9 of 12
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

Congrats!

I did get it and changed it to a Citi Rewards soon after. I use the card on occasion.  I tend to use my CU Visa and my Discover card on a regular basis.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.