Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI via Online Chat

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Discover CLI via Online Chat

Just wanted to let folks know you can request a CLI via the online chat function when you are logged in during the day. My CLI request button never did anything for me (told me to call in every time as the function was not available online) so I decided to speak with discover via the online chat function. Was able to request a CLI then and they informed me they would ask to pull a credit report if a hard pull was needed. Ended up being a soft pull and a CLI of 1.5 k granted. I'll take it!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI via Online Chat

Congratulations!!! 

We're anxious to get back in the Discover family again one of these days. 

Message 2 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice CLI Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
flowfaster
Established Contributor

For a soft pull its worth a try. congrats

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 7
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Rep: I'll be happy to review your account for an application for an increase to your credit line.
Rep: We may need to review your credit for the approval; however, if we need to, I'll be prompted to ask you prior to making an inquiry.
Rep: It appears we do. Federal regulations require us to consider a consumer’s debt obligations before increasing a credit line. In order to do this, we need to obtain a copy of your credit report. Is that ok?
Rep: It would make an inquiry on your report.
Rep: Sorry if I was vague. Yes, it will be a hard inquiry. We can withdraw the app if you wish.
Rep: No problem! If you decide to apply in the future, just contact us again!

No luck for me.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 5 of 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

what r ur scores? any baddies?

Message 6 of 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@dalebb wrote:

what r ur scores? any baddies?

My scores are in my siggy below; no baddies. The card is about a year old and my last CLI was 6 months ago (a small 500 which resulted in a HARD pull when I called in to request it).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.