Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

Discover CLI w/o HP?

Is it even possible with Discover to get a CLI with a soft pull only? I finally got the link on my page to request a CLI on my Discover account. It said it would be a HP and I canceled the application. I don't want to waste a HP. I know my credit is better than it has been in the past but I'm trying to stir clear of inquires on already established accounts. Suggestions?

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 724 (EQ) 709 (EX) 711 (TU) 4/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Regular Contributor
manwoot

Re: Discover CLI w/o HP?

It's possible.  You can call Discover or use the online chat feature to get a rep.  Tell them you only want a SP CLI.  They will try and if they can't do it, they will tell you a HP is necessary and ask if you still wish to continue.

AMEX True Earnings (11.5k) || Discover IT (9k) || Chase Sapphire Preferred (6k) || Chase Freedom (5k) || Citi ThankYou Preferred (4.9k) || GE CareCredit (4.9k) || Sallie Mae (4k) || Citi Diamond Preferred (3.4k) || Best Buy (2k) || AMEX Blue Cash Everyday (2k) || Target REDcard (1k)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

[ Edited ]

maiden_girl wrote:

Is it even possible with Discover to get a CLI with a soft pull only? I finally got the link on my page to request a CLI on my Discover account. It said it would be a HP and I canceled the application. I don't want to waste a HP. I know my credit is better than it has been in the past but I'm trying to stir clear of inquires on already established accounts. Suggestions?

It will be a SP unless they ask to do an HP at which time they will notify you

EDIT if you put in a smaller amount may not result in asking for HP

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

I will try requesting a smaller account. I thought Discoer counter offered so I didn't want to low ball myself. Lol.

Tradelines: Capital One (5.0k) | Discover IT (5.0k) | Walmart Discover (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)
--------------------------Gardening until my credit recovers...NO MORE INQUIRES TIL 2015
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

maiden_girl wrote:

I will try requesting a smaller account. I thought Discoer counter offered so I didn't want to low ball myself. Lol.

On the phone I know they counter not sure about the luv button

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

Discover does counter offer. Unfortunately, it looks like there's no SP CLI for you at the moment. Try calling, you might get lucky.
Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

I'll try waiting and see if they offer me an auto increase...I've sockdrawered this card at the moment anyway. I reach the limit too quickly and since it's the IT card...I can't make multiple payments and keep using it...I have to wait til they process the payment..bah.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+