Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI, wait penalty?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI, wait penalty?

Hi,

If I request a CLI from Discover and it is denied. The letter came in and said, to little experience with discover account. It is new, but my question is... If denied, how long before I can apply again? I pushed the button like 3 times within this month :/ Probably look hungry for credit lolSmiley Tongue I see all these approvals and it makes me push it. Not my fault :/ Like Amex, if denied, 90 day wait. Does Discover have a wait time for being denied?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI, wait penalty?

None that I know of.  It is different for everyone.  You just have to find out how often you can get a cli.  I don't think they mind if you push the button whenever you want. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your credit profile support a CLI?

Hitting the luv button all the time can make you look desperate for credit. I would hold off for 2-3 months before pressing it again. Some people had to wait a year or longer to get their first increase from Discover. Be patient. It will happen.

Best of luck!

Message 3 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Read up on the threads here for more info related to different situations. I don't know that you need to wait more than a month. There are people literally hitting it every day with no consequence, then eventually getting their increase, but ymmv.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simply ask for a CLI when it doesn't require a HP. You'll know by reading it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read of people being denied a Discover CLI but then getting one a month later, so I would say that there is no 90 day rule.

Message 6 of 7
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

If I request a CLI from Discover and it is denied. The letter came in and said, to little experience with discover account. It is new, but my question is... If denied, how long before I can apply again? I pushed the button like 3 times within this month :/ Probably look hungry for credit lolSmiley Tongue I see all these approvals and it makes me push it. Not my fault :/ Like Amex, if denied, 90 day wait. Does Discover have a wait time for being denied?

NOPE, Discover is randomSmiley Frustrated....I was hitting it about once every other week until I finally got a CLI. Each time, I received the too new message. 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.