Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI!

tag
spengbab
Regular Contributor

Discover CLI!

So during my lunch break, on my phone the pageonce icon was showing. I opened the app and it said Discover gave me a CLI! Only $500 but pretty cool considering I've only had the card for 3 months. Its the only card that has a balance because I'm taking advantage of the 0%... and because my car needed like $1900 worth of repairs in two days. Not too shabby. So now I have a total limit of $2500 with them, the highest of my cards. It was at 2k with US bank before today...
Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI!

Thats awesome and only at 3 months thats wonderful

Message 2 of 13
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Wow an auto CLI? That is very good, congrats! I don't hear much about those been given out.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 3 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

Not bad auto CLI

Message 4 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Don't forget to update your siggy. Just curious, did you get your Chase Freedom card after you got Discover? I'm wondering if DIscover is trying to compete with your Chase Freedom card.

Message 5 of 13
remarc
Regular Contributor

I would love a Auto CL with discover after 3 months.. next week is my 3 month mark

also.. I got a chase freedown $1500 limit, then a discover.. Discover did not match it.. only $1000

Message 6 of 13
spengbab
Regular Contributor

kevinjjc wrote:

Congrats! Don't forget to update your siggy. Just curious, did you get your Chase Freedom card after you got Discover? I'm wondering if DIscover is trying to compete with your Chase Freedom card.

Haha yeah I need to do that. I got the Freedom after the Discover. There is no competition haha. Freedom has a toy $500 limit. It's going to be SD soon...

I know this is a FICO no no but I just keep a balance on this, I have about 1700, it could be that I've had a high balance that they decided to raise it. I've been charging things on it and paying off in chunks of $450.

And congrats almosthome! This is by far my fav card Smiley Very Happy

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I just received notification today that they gave me another CLI, too (second in 6 months). Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
remarc
Regular Contributor

Wow. awesome Almosthome78.. would you mind telling me how you use your card?  my limit is $1000 ive been spending best part of $800 to $900 every month and PIF.. i hope they give me a CLI

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@remarc wrote:

Wow. awesome Almosthome78.. would you mind telling me how you use your card?  my limit is $1000 ive been spending best part of $800 to $900 every month and PIF.. i hope they give me a CLI

I don't mind, remarc. : )  I have actually used my card heavily and have been carrying a balance for the last few months because I took advantage of a balance transfer and no interest for 15 months.  My initial limit was $1,500 and it is now $2,100.  Not huge CLIs, but I'll take them, especially considering how difficult it seems to get any CLI.   Back in the late 90s, I had a Discover card that started with a $1,000 limit and was raised to $7,000 in about a year and a half, but I rarely used the card.  So go figure. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.