CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI !!

@RockinRay wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

WOW! Nice!  Smiley Happy

Thanks, you have a Discover right? Any luck? I would call them

Yep - they CLI'd me to $2000 not long ago. Next week, USAA will report I will show $172,000 open credit with less than 1% util. Once reported, it is time to call them. 

As you remember, I have had a hard time getting them to give me anything!  Smiley Happy If they do not bump me to at least $5k, I will close the account.

But I am going to think positive that they will give me something!

They seem pretty reasonable to deal with  but from what I have read, they tend to be pretty conservative.  This just dropped my util to 3%.

Would you take a HP ?

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Kendro wrote:

Could you please explain your exact steps?  I woud like to know when it is time for me to do an increase.

Did you just simply call in and talk to an automated robot?  I thought Discover made you specify how much you wanted?

I just got my 6th statement so I called and was transferred to a live person and she checkecd the internal system. That's what there was available for me. Took about 5 minutes total.

I think I will try my luck once I get my 6th statement, following the same steps as you did.  They started me at 4k and I would be happy if they give me just 1 or 2k more.  I might even get close to putting 2k through the card by then.  Smiley Happy  Thanks for keeping us updated

Message 12 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

Thats nice, I am only on my 2nd statement with discover

Message 13 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm eagerly waiting for my 6th statement, this 1K limit is just too low for me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Discover is a weird beast. SOme people have great luck with them but some don't..Not sure what makes them tick ...well any creditor for that sake.

Message 15 of 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Congrats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Thanks, definitely a moral booster to get these cli's

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

Discover is a weird beast. SOme people have great luck with them but some don't..Not sure what makes them tick ...well any creditor for that sake.

I agree!  They gave us $5,000 in our recent app spree.  We still have an old account (closed and in good standing) from back in 1996 still reporting and that card was $2,500.

We like to think that we are taking up where we left off with Discover so, they rewarded us with double what we used to have.  But, who knows what determines credit limits.  We say its part income, part FICO®, etc., but -- who really knows?

Message 18 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

I agree!  They gave us $5,000 in our recent app spree.  We still have an old account (closed and in good standing) from back in 1996 still reporting and that card was $2,500.

We like to think that we are taking up where we left off with Discover so, they rewarded us with double what we used to have.  But, who knows what determines credit limits.  We say its part income, part FICO®, etc., but -- who really knows?

The credit analyst said that the internal system generally pulls TU only (SP). But income and FICO is a big part. They also have their internal scoring method as I was told. AMEX does the same thing.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.