Frequent Contributor
credit08

Discover CLI

Just for curiosity sakes does Discover give CLI voluntarily or do you have to request one and if so would it be a hard pull or if voluntarily would that be a soft pull?. How long might a person wait before considering this 6 mos 12 mos from account opening etc.
Regular Contributor
laila08

Re: Discover CLI

oh i would love to know the answer to this too. i wasn't going to ask till later but would like to know how the like you to ask. or maybe not ask
apping spree or shopping spree...lesser of 2 evils???hmmm
Mega Contributor
RobertEG

The only answer to that question is to call them and ask them.  Your request, if made, for a CLI is technically a request for new credit, and may result in a hard putll.  Gotta ask them in advance.
Frequent Contributor
credit08

Thanks guys for the information I was thinking that you have to ask for CLI and that it would result in a hard pull. Well for now will just sit tight and let the first INQ age first. Good stuff though!!!!!
Regular Contributor
kvdss

They do auto increases all the time.  Also if you build some history with them they will usually give you pretty generous increases
Frequent Contributor
credit08

Thanks for the info I was considering hitting them with some big payments for say 6 mos or so by then will have 12 mos of solid payments along with some age. maybe that will do the trick would be nice!!!!
Regular Contributor
kvdss

Yes it definitely will make sure you dont miss your payments though!  Depending on your balance I would send like 100-200 or maybe more for like 6 months and then ask for a cli!  how long have you had it for?
Frequent Contributor
credit08

Just 6 mos still a relatively short time I have not missed any payments  pay before due date that kind of thing.
Regular Contributor
kvdss

just passed 6 months or not quite been 6 months yet?  usually I believe they will give auto cli after 6 months maybe wait till 7th statement and ask for cli.  I fyou dont mind me asking what is your limit and also any late pays at all?

Established Contributor
woopah

I just got an auto CLI of $1,100.00 from Discover. I don't know if they did a hard pull or soft, since I'm not going to pay for more credit reports, but since I didn't ask for the CLI, I'm hoping it was a soft pull.
4/16/09: TU: 775, EQ: 805
2/11/09: TU: 773, EQ: 790, EX:790
11/16/08: TU: 773, EQ: 785, EX: 780
Goals for 2009: 0 Credit Card Debt & 0% Util (achieved 2/6/09), Mortgage! (achieved 11/2/09), getting closer to 800 scores (I crossed this earlier this year, but I'm sure I'm not there anymore!)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}