Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Discover CLI

So after pushing th luv button, get the cant process message. Called and okayed a HP and was told no CLI because of too many inq ( 3)  too many new accounts.

I understand their reasons but here's the thing.  No HP on any reports.  Odd. Calling right now. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

@virgo wrote:

So after pushing th luv button, get the cant process message. Called and okayed a HP and was told no CLI because of too many inq ( 3)  too many new accounts.

I understand their reasons but here's the thing.  No HP on any reports.  Odd. Calling right now. 

Good luck !

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@virgo wrote:

Oh wow. Weird! GL!

Message 3 of 10
virgo
Established Contributor

Well I called. Once again assured they pulled report on 07/15.  Scrutinized decline letter.  Don't know why I didn't catch it.  They used 06/27 report and score which is when they updated my score on my account..

So, apps and CLI's use same procedure unless you call and get a re con of course.

If they don't ask if they can HP it means they are working off the previous report and score. But I asked them 3 times if they HP'd and was told yes. 

When your score updates, that is when you  will be asked  if they can do a HP if it's not instant..  I hope tis made sense.

Message 4 of 10
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Just got a Soft CLI from discover via chat button.

9k to 13.5k ---- I didn't know they did soft CLIs.  I asked for 16.5k.... they countered 13.5 only.  Maybe they saw my free fico score on their system too thus the soft pull..

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 5 of 10
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear OP, both of my HP's resulted in increases.  Unfortunatly I called and asked for a 3rd, they pulled CR then told me it hasn't been 90 days since last CLI...sort of ticked me off they couldnt check that before burning a HP.  Better luck next time!

Message 6 of 10
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@cutemarty1 wrote:

9k to 13.5k ---- I didn't know they did soft CLIs.  I asked for 16.5k.... they countered 13.5 only.  Maybe they saw my free fico score on their system too thus the soft pull..

Wow, I didn't know you could do a CLI via the chat button! Nice job! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@cutemarty1 wrote:

Wow, I didn't know you could do a CLI via the chat button! Nice job! Smiley Happy

this forum teaches us well Smiley Tongue

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 8 of 10
Airbusacft

Hello, I was just approved for a new Discover account, and I was wondering:

How long do you have to wait for CLI? 

How often do they do auto CLIs?

Message 9 of 10
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Im new too, but a rep told me ..

They "regularly review" and if they can, and your credit warrants it, they will issue a CLI. usually 6 months.

But you can request a CLI as early as 90days.

So I think thats how it is. Auto CLi chance every 6 months, but you can request on your own every 90 days.

Hopefully others with more experience with them can confirm or correct.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.