Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI?

@austinguy907 wrote:

I think just showing some restraint is what gets you further with them and spacing out CLI attempts to 60 days has at least bumped me from the 4K to 6K train which will make it easier to move up.  I've been keeping my spend to 200-300/mo at this point to keep it growing with time and persistence with the CLI machine.  With a 36K limit though 200-300/mo doesn't even really register on their radar when making decisions.  I guess my view on CC's in general are use them consistently unless something comes up to expand that spend rather than chasing rewards for spend.  

My whole story behind it started 7/2015 with losing a PLCC Sam's for $10K and picking up AMEX / Disc for TCL $14.5K to replace it.  Since then they've grown to a TCL of $86K vs the $10K POS that wouldn't grow past 10K no matter the method of dealing with Synch.

Gotcha.  When you say restraint, do you mean with respect to time elapsed between CLI requests or with respect to your monthly spend (or both)?  I'm definitely going to back down my spend and see what happens.  As for my CLI requests, I'm going to go with the "if it aint broke don't fix it" rationale (requesting every 30 days) until I hit my first month of denial.  $4k/mo isn't bad; sure I'd like $6k+ CLIs but for now I'll take $4k/mo over $6k/every other month.  I can't imagine my monthly luck will last forever, but for now I'll stay on that train until it stops.

Message 61 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.