Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI

Just called Discover to request an increase.  I was told by a CSR that they are now only doing increases in $2k increments.  I didn't proceed w/ the request because it required a hard pull.  I said to the CSR, you don't do softs anymore and he replied that they did do a soft pull on my file and an alert was generated that they needed additional information a.k.a a hard pull.  I said no thanks, I'll wait for my auto cli, he kinda chuckled, don't know how to interpret that!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Discover to request an increase.  I was told by a CSR that they are now only doing increases in $2k increments.  I didn't proceed w/ the request because it required a hard pull.  I said to the CSR, you don't do softs anymore and he replied that they did do a soft pull on my file and an alert was generated that they needed additional information a.k.a a hard pull.  I said no thanks, I'll wait for my auto cli, he kinda chuckled, don't know how to interpret that!

+1

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of wating for Discover's auto CLI, any one getting them after feb. 22?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did receive an auto CLI this month.

Message 4 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, congrats!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told you reciever one auto CLI every 3 months for the first year, but I havent gotten one yet, I believe I will be going into 4 month here soon.... Oh well...

Message 6 of 13
Regular Contributor

I've had discover for about 2 1/2 years and just received my first credit line increase last month and it was certainly not $2K lol.  It was at $3100 and is now $3800.  I utilize only $500 of the credit and pay off my balance (or within 2 months).

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 13
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So did I.

Message 8 of 13
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Last year I had very high Credit Util on all my credit cards. Now, I have paid off discover competely, and some other cards. I still have a couple more cards that are very high util however. I called discover a couple months ago and tried to phone in the CLI. I had the option, but I needed to talk to a CSR , and they said they needed a hard pull.

So should I wait until all my credit cards are down below 10% util, or what? I would really like to increase my available credit. Do you think since they lowered my CL automatically, they will bump it back up again automatically?

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@gymbo731 wrote:

Last year I had very high Credit Util on all my credit cards. Now, I have paid off discover competely, and some other cards. I still have a couple more cards that are very high util however. I called discover a couple months ago and tried to phone in the CLI. I had the option, but I needed to talk to a CSR , and they said they needed a hard pull.

So should I wait until all my credit cards are down below 10% util, or what? I would really like to increase my available credit. Do you think since they lowered my CL automatically, they will bump it back up again automatically?

Congrats on the pay down...unfortunately Discover is likely to balk at high uti., I wouldn't bother until balances are lower, if you take your chances definitely not worth a HP imho.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.