Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI?

tag
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI?

I think the only way I'd take a hard pull from Discover is if I had only 3 or less inquiries on my report and had nothing better to do.

Message 31 of 39
dougie109
Established Member

i opened an account with discover yesterday because of the cash rewards. with a 700  score and 18 inc. They approved me for 2 k over the phone through the backdoor. I was quite surprised as i saw that most people are being denied with more than 5 inc. i guess i just lucked out.

In My Wallet:
| Chase Sapphire Preferred (01/2014) | Penfed Platinum Cash preferred (01/2014 | NFCU cashRewards (01/2014 | Citi Diamond Preferred (01/2014 | Walmart Discover (01/2014 | Bank Of Americard (04/2012) | Capital One Quicksilver Visa (08/2010) | Capital One Quicksilver MasterCard (12/2010) | Amex Zync (04/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | Discover more (12/2011) |
Transunion 720 Experian 728 Equafax 704
Message 32 of 39
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

I got approved for a Discover Cashback Bonus card almost a month ago with a $6500 CL. I really hope they increase my CL in a few months.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 33 of 39
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Discover is pretty conservative when it comes to CLs, and that just seems to be the way it is. My CL with them is my 2nd highest, but I haven't seen a CLI in over 2 years. 

Get Discover for the rewards, not for high CLs. It's just not their MO.

Message 34 of 39
johnnie198x
Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

Discover is pretty conservative when it comes to CLs, and that just seems to be the way it is. My CL with them is my 2nd highest, but I haven't seen a CLI in over 2 years. 

Get Discover for the rewards, not for high CLs. It's just not their MO.

Agree. I have 4k CL now, and it's good enough because their rewards limit is 1.5k. I won't need another CLI unless I need to travel internationally (5% expedia)

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 35 of 39
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

That makes a lot of sense. I will follow your advice.

Thank you.

In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 36 of 39
johnnie198x
Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

Thank you.

If you were talking to me, you're welcome. But of course, still call in every 6 months to check if you're eligible for CLI without HP.

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 37 of 39
Juan123
Established Contributor

3 years. 500CL... still 500. they refuse to improve it. i guess ill have to move on soon.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 38 of 39
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@johnnie198x wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

Thank you.

If you were talking to me, you're welcome. But of course, still call in every 6 months to check if you're eligible for CLI without HP.

I was talking to you johnnie198x.....hahahahaha. i will call every six months asking for a CLI. If it works fine, if it doesn't I'll cancel the card.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.