Discover CLI!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CLI!!!

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called yesterday to have my discover more credit limit increased from 1.5k to 4k. And I have to say I was grilled and asked a ton of questions

about income and education levels, and my living situation. But in the end they granted me an increase with a hard credit pull of course.lolSmiley Sad 

Congrats!!!

What does education levels have to do with a CLI..........thats a first Smiley Indifferent

OP-2.5k is a very nice increase from the credit sticklers at Discover, good going!

Most lenders account for the correlation which often exists between level of education and overall capacity to earn more/ repay loans.

Reortedly the level of education of a card holder can correlate strongly with their capacity to repay and is considered by many lenders.

For e.g., over a lifetime, all other things being the same, an individual with a college degree versus a HS Diploma will earn approximately 1 million dollars more. This is generally considered to be valuable information which a creditor may want to consider in connection with a loan app.

It makes sense but i feel that is petty considering the HS diploma cardholder is being stereotyped. You can be as good or better with your money than someone with a college education.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP, that's a nice CLI!!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called yesterday to have my discover more credit limit increased from 1.5k to 4k. And I have to say I was grilled and asked a ton of questions

about income and education levels, and my living situation. But in the end they granted me an increase with a hard credit pull of course.lolSmiley Sad 

Congrats!!!

What does education levels have to do with a CLI..........thats a first Smiley Indifferent

OP-2.5k is a very nice increase from the credit sticklers at Discover, good going!

Most lenders account for the correlation which often exists between level of education and overall capacity to earn more/ repay loans.

Reortedly the level of education of a card holder can correlate strongly with their capacity to repay and is considered by many lenders.

For e.g., over a lifetime, all other things being the same, an individual with a college degree versus a HS Diploma will earn approximately 1 million dollars more. This is generally considered to be valuable information which a creditor may want to consider in connection with a loan app.

It makes sense but i feel that is petty considering the HS diploma cardholder is being stereotyped. You can be as good or better with your money than someone with a college education.

I agree LS, I do not have a college education and I think my credit is pretty decentSmiley Wink

Discover is next on my chopping block BTW!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Transunion.

Message 14 of 18
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

On an individual level you could be better or worse than the average for the group that you are being siloed into, but lenders can't look at you on a individual level only. There is a reason they use Credit Scores and other systems to grade customers... They need to formulate risk models that give them a pretty accurate reflection of the risk associated with the loan. As a result, we're ALL being stereotyped!

You could give an insane CL to a guy with a 500 FICO score and a ton of derogs on his report and he may NEVER pay late or default in any way. You could do the same to a person with a 800 FICO and he defaults 6 months later. There is no guarantee that anyone fits the slot perfectly, but the model allows them to lend with some level of predictability. Lenders don't see FICOs as much as they see "risk groups" and "% of persons who default based on risk group".

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 15 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@ComputerWizMaster wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

On an individual level you could be better or worse than the average for the group that you are being siloed into, but lenders can't look at you on a individual level only. There is a reason they use Credit Scores and other systems to grade customers... They need to formulate risk models that give them a pretty accurate reflection of the risk associated with the loan. As a result, we're ALL being stereotyped!

You could give an insane CL to a guy with a 500 FICO score and a ton of derogs on his report and he may NEVER pay late or default in any way. You could do the same to a person with a 800 FICO and he defaults 6 months later. There is no guarantee that anyone fits the slot perfectly, but the model allows them to lend with some level of predictability. Lenders don't see FICOs as much as they see "risk groups" and "% of persons who default based on risk group".

I understand what your saying, but I feel like that is the wrong way to go with it. It should be done on an individual's creditworthiness.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 18
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@hateAshbury wrote:

That's great! I've been stuck at $500 for years with Discover. However, I'm not going to waste a hard inquiry on a CLI when I'm gunning for AmEx BCP in about 7 months.

Eyes on the prize, comrades.

BCP or bust! Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 17 of 18
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

So funny that they ask for education. My girl friend of 7 years is a Harvard grad and was unemployed for 2 years. I went to a community college for 2 years and took up something not even related to what I do today. So basically I have a high school diploma. Now I own a HVAC company for the last 6 years. lol

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.