Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI~~~~~

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI~~~~~

@RyVision wrote:

With computer systems upgrading through every industry and laws regarding credit, I would say that "B" is a waste of time with 99.9% surety.

pretty much what I think.

But if it bumps off for any reason my good closed account I'd be mad as hell lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 21 of 30
Rackham94
Established Contributor

what is the difference between B* and C*???

Message 22 of 30
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Never mind went on to B* forum board....

Wow going to try with 3 daily pullers for 28 days and see if it works Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Wow going to try with 3 daily pullers for 28 days and see if it works Smiley Very Happy

If it does work, people employed by those CRAs and responsible for this ought to be fired lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Good luck and please let us know if you have any success. Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It's a bad idea all around.  Was popular awhile back.  Even discussed here for awhile.  But bad things started happening.  Positive accounts were disappearing, people were getting split files and having to go through the process of having them spliced back together.  It can really mess things up.

And it's called bumpage,.. That B* is how it's referred to on another board.  I have no idea why they won't say the name but can talk about it.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 26 of 30
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Yes, they are now more attuned to it.  Now they often just start bumping off old good accounts instead of Inqs.  

Ouch. I would be mad if they bumped off my closed auto loans. That will kill my AAoA lol

wait, does this mean I shouldnt pull my reports that often -_-

I have the same question. I pull my reports everyday almost.
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 27 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I dont understand people that intentionally do that. Do you not think on a manual review a UW isnt gonna notice a slew of new accounts and few INQs??

Not to mention it is unethical as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 30
RyVision
Valued Contributor

To add to the logic LS pointed out.  I don't remember where I read it (was some time ago), just remember reading it in more than one place;  that the INQs only disappear from the report the consumer sees, not what a lender is able to pull.  I don't know if that's fact or not, I only know the best sure way to keep INQs low is by not applying very often and spacing out applications.

I have a feeling people are wasting a lot of time and effort (maybe even some money for the ability), in attempts to accomplish the impossible.  For those reading, do NOT apply thinking there's a magic way to remove INQs, you may regret it and be very disappointed.  (No offense to the OP, just advice for people researching).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 29 of 30
Open123
Super Contributor

Once upon a time, this was very effective in removing hard inquiries.  

Now, since it's become common knowledge, it's much less effective and not to mention overly costly.  The timing is very difficult to anctipate, but it's still possible, however your results will be mixed with potential side effects.  Split files, reinsertions and a variety of potential mishaps.

In my view, it isn't worth the effort, expense, or risk now; unless, you just want to try it for fun.  

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.