Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI?

tag
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Discover CLI?

So I was just looking around my Discover account and when I pushed on the credit limit increase button this form comes up:

Requesting an increase to your credit line is easy. Tell us the amount you would like your credit line to increase by and provide some of your employment and financial information to help us with our decision.  This request may also require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.  Most decisions are immediate, however it may take up to two business days.

*All fields are required.

Requested Credit Line Increase *

Enter the amount by which you would like to increase your credit line. Your cash line may be increased proportionally. This request will not affect your credit score.

Current Credit Line$6,000
Requested Credit Line Increase+ $

Total Credit Line (Pending Approval)= $6,000

Does this mean it will be a HP or a SP?  Im a bit confused because it sort of says both. Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
negg
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover CLI?

I've never used the love button. Disc been pretty generous with me and CLI. Started at 1000k now 2900. Started June 2012.

GL
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

It says it will not affect your credit score so it would be a soft pull. IMHO If they don't approve they may counter or call you and ask to do a hp.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 17
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

@09Lexie and myjourney It was a question about a cli lol  

I havent actually made the request.

@coldnmn  I sort of thought so, except for the first part.  Im really tempted to push it, but I dont want a HP.  I dont really have a need for more credit through them other than just general credit limit greed.

Message 5 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's a sp, if they need to do a hp they will let you know bad give you an opportunity to cancel.
Message 6 of 17
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

OKay. Thanks!  Now its a matter of deciding how greedy to be.

Message 7 of 17
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Does Discover counter? Or do you need to get your numbers right the first time?

Message 8 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

This is why I call..for some reason when I call they ask, two ways : how much or the most the computer will give without a hp?
Message 9 of 17
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Yeah, that seems lke the wiser approach.  I dont like it when its a guessing game. Too much anxiety.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.