Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI?

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice increases with you guys getting 50% - 150% bumps!  I wish I could pull off something like that, but understandably returns are diminishing when your credit limit gets up into 5 figures. 

The %'s go down as you go up but, the increases in general should be 3-6K/CLI when you're at that level.  6K on a 30K limit is still 20% increase.  The outlier being that guy that just got the 14K bump from them this week out of no where.

Message 21 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

$3k - $6k increases sounds about right.  All 3 of mine thus far have been right about $4k.  Looking forward to another attempt about 3 weeks from now!

Message 22 of 61
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

BBS - you're on the right train with Discover with those numbers... others are on the slow track approaching the station with the $500's.  There's a few that are on the bullet train though racking up some huge CLI's.  

Message 23 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been giving them a consistent $1500-$2500 spend per month, so I'm hoping one of these months I'll get a > $4k bump.  We'll see.  I've read that some people have received $6k+ bumps and only put a couple hundred bucks through the card.  So, while it may not be absolutely necessary to give them such a big spend I tend to believe that it can't hurt.  I'm keeping a spread sheet to track my Discover CLIs and am looking forward to a full year of data on them come next June.

Message 24 of 61
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

From what I've seen people just buy a few things a month and get nice increases. Maybe some can share. I love my card. I never use it though. The most I ever put on it was $40 and I've still gotten $5,000 in auto CLI's and 1 initiated sp increase since July. Thats pretty generous!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 25 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  receive no love from Discover no matter what I do? I guess patience will pay off in the end.

Message 26 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit the luv button last week and got a $500 increase to $18.5k. Started this Summer with an initial $13.5k, then got luv with the button twie for fairly decent increases. I was doing it every 31 days, so the last time before ithis wa a no go. 

As someone else mentioned, this time, in addition to asking my income, they also asked how much I had total in cash, checking, savings, money market, but specifically not to include any retirement accounts, home equity, etc. Basically what I could lay my hands on today! Hmmm.

I'll wait until after New Years to hit them up again. Trying to get to an even $20k or better.

Message 27 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

LadyAng wrote:Trying to get to an even $20k or better.

I'd say bank on "better" rather than even.  One sort of OCD gripe people have with Discover is that 9/10 of us have a limit that's not even... things like $24,300 for example Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 61
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

OCD is right.... I'm still itching due to my limit ending with XX,600 since that pesky little auto CLI after opening being 1100 instead of 1000 or 1500!!!!  Dayum you Discover!!!

Message 29 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat.  My starting balance ended in $500 which wasn't bad; at least it was the mid-point between two even thousands.  My first auto-CLI ended in $800 which has left me with a XX,300 ever since... Smiley Mad

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.