Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLIs stopped?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLIs stopped?

My friend and I tried on 16th day which was yesterday and 17th day today and got we cannot process credit lint increase at the moment stuff both the times?? Is anyone else facing same issue?

~Don

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLIs stopped?

@Anonymous wrote:

My friend and I tried on 16th day which was yesterday and 17th day today and got we cannot process credit lint increase at the moment stuff both the times?? Is anyone else facing same issue?

~Don

There is an ongoing thread of over 200+ pages on this topic. Much frustration as Discover turned off the faucet a few days back. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it def. slowed down. other thread suggests try again in 45th day or something.

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol I thought I was the only one! Yes it's happening to me too. I was lucky to get 2 CLI though. 

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it appears that they did turn off the faucet or "slowed the train down". Sucks for me because I was off by only a few days and I got no new CLI after my initial one 20 days earlier. 

I want to try again in 16 days, just to see if it's true. But, then again, I don't want another SP and subsequent denial. It probably doesn't help me that I currently have no balance on my Discover. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.  Train is at the station.  No destination at this time.  Just got a denial last night.  Will try again at the 45 day mark. 

Message 6 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

~Don

Although they had loosened up, your post makes it sounds like everyone got an increase every 16 days like clockwork and that's not true. There is and always was still underwriting.

I imagine the wave of CLIs came because they are wanting to see more usage from people. Discover seems to like heavy usage and some people did have small limits.

CLIs are never guaranteed, trends or not. There is no "on and off" faucet for CLIs. Discover hasn't "stopped" giving CLIs.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

~Don

Although they had loosened up, your post makes it sounds like everyone got an increase every 16 days like clockwork and that's not true. There is and always was still underwriting.

I imagine the wave of CLIs came because they are wanting to see more usage from people. Discover seems to like heavy usage and some people did have small limits.

CLIs are never guaranteed, trends or not. There is no "on and off" faucet for CLIs. Discover hasn't "stopped" giving CLIs.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that Discover CLIs are stopping. My reference to the faucet being turned off was my way of stating the fact that seemingly many people here were getting 16 day CLIs and that it appears to have slowed down, with many of us who were late to the party not getting those CLIs. Obviously there are other factors involved, but it appears that for a short while Discover was trying to offer CLIs, possibly to get people to use their cards more. 

Message 8 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I get what you're saying. I just think sometimes people take a handful of experiences and extrapolate it into a "rule" like "every 16 days you get a CLI from Discover" when the reality is much more complex.

Again the "late to the party" comment just makes it sound like "anyone who didn't already get a CLI isn't getting one" which is not true. They may not get them as frequently but who knows, really? This forum is a small subset of cardholders.

For what its worth, back when Discover's policy was seemingly "every 90 days" for CLIs, I called prior to 90 days and spoke to a supervisor and they were able to override it and give me a CLI. The point is that they can give it to you when/if they want....but every 16 days was never going to last forever. That's a LOT of CLIs.

Message 9 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

They have definitely slowed down..  As KDM stated, I think they wanted to give people "usable" limits, so the cards would get more usage vs. the SD with alot of people having 1500-2k limits prior to the SP CLI's... Now that more people have "usable" limits, something definitely has changed.  What the new policy is only time will show.  They had to compete with Cap1 IMO and that is why the loosened up for awhile and gave some better limits.  Hopefully future approvals for people that are new to discover are not 1k-2k CL, but a bit better.. As more time passes that is to be seen..  Yes your profile has to support the limit, but if Discover wants to compete they have to give useable lines like Cap1 as there isn't much of a difference between 1.5 and 2% back on their promo and that is only a year and rotating categories are meh at best for alot of people.  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.