Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLIs

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLIs

Discover gave me a auto CLI from $6500 to $8000 at the end of my 5th month.

Message 11 of 20
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I concur with what someone else here said. Might as well ask for a nice round number like 10k.

Message 12 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

So whats the news OP?? Did you go for it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

1 month from now is my 6 month point with Discover.  I know they do auto CLIs but that they usually arent that big, and if you ask for a large one they'll generally say its a HP.  I know they pull TU/EQ, which is great for me since I barely have any INQs on those: come April, it will be 1 w/i the past year on TU, and 2 w/i the past year on EQ.

There's a pretty good chance you may receive an auto CLI at the 6 month mark. 

I received an auto CLI on my Discover after 6 months.  It wasn't an earthshattering increase, but still about 30% increase.  

Good luck!

Message 14 of 20
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the input, everyone!  Although I don't think I'd ask for 10k, I think they'd be pretty skittish about that since I've gone from 0 to 7 cards in the past year!  For those of you who did get an increase after 6 months, how soon after your 6th statement cut did it happen?

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 15 of 20
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Yearmark was today... no auto luv. Smiley Sad

I am so disappointed with discover. I feel like SDing It.

I know it sucks, but you might have to sacrifice a hard if you want a CLI from Discover. If you SD it, you probably won't ever get an auto CLI from Discover. What was your usage like on your Discover card?

Message 16 of 20
jjayla81

After lurking forever I decided to start sharing.  I know this is a late response, but I got my Discover with an initial credit limit of 2,500 the end of 2011 and pretty much kept it maxed for most of 2012, this year I finally started being proactive with util % making multiple payments a month and got an unexpected auto CLI to 10,400 in April which was about 14 months after getting the card.  I'm guessing had I been better with my ratios in 2012 I would've gotten an increase sooner. 

Message 17 of 20
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

If you are going to take the HP, go for 20k as that is the max without docs, that is what i was told last week.

Home improvement is a great reason why you need so much.

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 18 of 20
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

It seems to me they like reasonable balance carrying. I got all kinds of auto love from them when I carried a balance. I went from starting at $3k to $6100 while carrying a balance and paying intrest all within a year and a half. I dont do that any more and no more auto love. I did request an increase a few months back. I think I asked to go from $6100 to 10k. They came back with a SP increase of $500 or try for more with a HP. I took the SP increase.  I wouldnt use too many hard pulls with discover when a good amout of usage can lead to auto increases. I save my hard pulls for cards like chase where an auto CLI is a rare thing. 

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 19 of 20
WunderCard
Established Member

By jove!  I think I've discovered the secret to getting a CLI from Discover: automatic monthly charges.

After 15 months with Discover and getting turned down for a $1k CLI at the 12mo mark, June was the first time I let my utilities, phone, and insurance hit my card using their autopay features.  Just for kicks, I decided to probe the system again and got approved via phone for $1500!  

Interestingly enough, Discover seems to know I've used the card to autopay my bills.  When I click the little plus sign on my account page to see the charge details, there is a line that reads " Recurring Billing Indicator: Y ".   Little else has changed.  The total spend for this month should be in line with previous spending.

Go figure! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.