Re: Discover, CSP & Barclay's Pulled Following:

Chase double pulled(TU&EX) for my Amazon and Slate card

Barclay pulled TU

Discover pulled EQ

Message 11 of 16
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Chase double-pulled me on Equifax and experian for the BA Visa and I believe for the CSP which I applied for in 1/13 and 11/12 respectively, so they've been double-pulling for a while.
Message 12 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase has been double-pulling on some apps for a while though I haven't been paying attention.

My most recent app for an Ink was just EX (5/14) so it's not standard across their entire product suite... or maybe being 9 years at the same address in S. Cali they're pretty certain any blemishes more serious than a minor parking ticket (which always seems to land on TU) will hit EX.

More reports = more complete information regarding a consumer; don't think this one can even be argued, but it's higher cost.  At some point the cost outweighs the benefits, presumably Chase did some analysis and thought that two pulls made more sense based on their data.  What was always interesting to me was that more deep subprime lenders didn't pull all three, struck me as very smart decision by Cap 1 in the strata they're willing to play in.

Borderline applications appeared to be the reason for multiple Amex pulls back in 2012/2013, but I think some lenders are making it more standard now.  Personally I don't really care about inquiries that much but I don't apply for a ton of things anyway... most of my ones in the past year are new utility / telephony / background check stuff, irritating but oh well.

        
Message 13 of 16
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

Perhaps there are different arrangements between north and South Jersey based on whether or not  a consumer and CRA contracts falls into the New York or Philly market. That being said, Ocean Grove is Monmouth County, and is located in Central Jersey. As with weather, we could be located in a transitional locale, and not really ensconsed in either marketplace,resulting in a dual CRA scenario. I should mention, however, Discover pulled Equifax just  a few days earlier, and is possible Chase pulled another CRA report for a more complete snapshot after an Equifax pull for Discover just a few days before. Or, not.....Perhaps a question for the "back office credit analyst"?

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulled TU only for me.  Texas.

Message 15 of 16
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Barclay pulled TU for my Arrival Plus

Discover pulled Equifax for the It

Chase double pulled EQ and EX for CSP

In the Bay Area  NorCal

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.