Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CSR told me to

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Discover CSR told me to

Call back every three months to ask for my CLI.

I told him I wanted to match my chase CL and he denied me Smiley Sad

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Disccover CSR told me to

you shouldve told him to match your nfcu!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 17
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Don't feel bad... I talked with them a while back about a CLI. I was at $2k and told them I wanted $5k. Some of my other cards are USAA WMC $25k, PenFed Cash Rewards $20k, Chase SW Visa $20k, and more that are $5k and higher. I told them I wanted the increase to pay for a cruise this year that we are going on.

Told me no, so I closed the account. She tried to convince me to keep my account open of course and I told her that I was sorry but no longer needed it.

TMI, but they made me mad, so no more swipe revenue from me!  Smiley Happy

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Haha ya I wont close them; its my oldest account; 13 yrs young lol.

I told the CSR that it was real ironic that my oldest account had the lowest limit rofl
FICO 9:

Message 4 of 17
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Now I don't feel so bad. They are just downright stingy!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 17
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Don't feel bad... I talked with them a while back about a CLI. I was at $2k and told them I wanted $5k. Some of my other cards are USAA WMC $25k, PenFed Cash Rewards $20k, Chase SW Visa $20k, and more that are $5k and higher. I told them I wanted the increase to pay for a cruise this year that we are going on.

Told me no, so I closed the account. She tried to convince me to keep my account open of course and I told her that I was sorry but no longer needed it.

TMI, but they made me mad, so no more swipe revenue from me!  Smiley Happy

Ray you closed your Discover More already ??

Message 6 of 17
Braydon
New Contributor

I'm glad I'm not the only one stuck at $2000 with them. Last night for the heck of it i called them for a CLI and asked them to either match my Chase Freedom CL which is $3000 or Citi Preferred which is $4000  they said no. Low and behold today out of the blue I had to buy a $1000 round trip plane ticket for my kid so guess which card I used? Lets just say not theirs!

Message 7 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I used my card a lot in the last 6 months. I had a BT offer as well as 3.9% promote rate. My spend on the card has been 12.5k ytd. By contrast my ytd spend on amex has been 21k. On chase its been about 5-6k. Id like to be able to really use it for everything but if I did I would be close to Max every month. Oh well; amex can have my swipes.

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 17
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

They have never given me an increase. I´ve topped it and pif several times and nothing.

They want to pull my CR! . . Won´t use them anymore.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 17
sk8rmom56
Established Member

Re: Discover CSR told me to

I got Discover in December and have gotten 2 cli's since. Granted they weren't, huge but they were auto. $350 apiece, am at $1800 with that card. Each time it was unexpected and followed by a letter about how good I have been with it.( say that with my tongue in cheek). So far I can't say anything bad about them. These days I don't expect anything from anyone and if it comes so much the better.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.