Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card AU or Joint Account Holder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Card AU or Joint Account Holder

Hello, My fiance has a Discover Miles card.  If she lists me as an AU, will it report for me on my credit reports.  If not, Will being added a joint user mean a HARD pull for me or will they just add me?  If it is going to be a HARD pull, it is not worth it.  I have her as an additional user on my AMEX gold card. We are paying for a lot of wedding stuff as well as trying to build and maintain our good credit histories so we figure adding each others cards to out profile will be helpful not only for the finances but for our credit reports as well. Any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
burntwilly
Valued Member

Re: Discover Card AU or Joint Account Holder

My girlfriend added me as an AU to her discover card (not sure which one it is).  All she had to do was put in my name.  Adding an AU does not result in a hard pull.  The account, credit limit, and history were reported to all 3 bureaus within a matter of a few days, and showed up on my credit report the next time I checked it.  I'ce heard that   Discover is especially good about this?

Notes:

We live at the same address

Not married

No hard pulls on either person's report.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card AU or Joint Account Holder

Thanks for the info. I hope thats how it works for us. However, we do not live at the same address yet. So that is what I am concerned about.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.