cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Benefits

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover Card Changes.....Sock Drawer?

This has been reported here many times, e.g. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-discontinuing-some-benefits/m-p/4048393#M11388...

It's been on the statements for two or more months.

Message 21 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spider15 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't have enough of a CL to even charge a plane ticket on mine. Although my EU travel is covered by EU air regulations which is pretty good so I don't need insurance to cover me.

Looks like you need to get in on the 17 day CLI fad! No sense sitting with a small CL Smiley Wink

I have to wait til my 3rd full month statement cuts apparently. My Account is too new. So I have to wait til 9th July to request a CLI. I hope I have a decent CL with Discover before I go to Japan, since JCB is accepted pretty well there and don't know if AmEx or Visa is well accepted in Japan.

Message 22 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

This has been reported here many times, e.g.

It's been on the statements for two or more months.

So, maybe some of us are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

Message 23 of 84
core
Valued Contributor

I had no idea there were Discover cards with roadside assistance.  Until recently I was holding on to my Amex Gold just for that.  Apparently needlessly.

You know, I was just thinking about the SD thing... why would you keep unused cards in a sock drawer?  That seems like a very odd place to put cards.  I'd like to meet the person that came up with that.  I think they should be drug tested.

Message 24 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as they double the warranties on things I am fine. Visa and Mc have plenty of travel protection things even for rental cars but that might be Amex.

How many times have you even used those 3?
Message 25 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@core wrote:

I had no idea there were Discover cards with roadside assistance.  Until recently I was holding on to my Amex Gold just for that.  Apparently needlessly.

You know, I was just thinking about the SD thing... why would you keep unused cards in a sock drawer?  That seems like a very odd place to put cards.  I'd like to meet the person that came up with that.  I think they should be drug tested.

I was very suprised that people even had a drawer for socks.   I hang mine up in my wardrobe, ordered by color, then thickness, then texture, as I assume most people do.  Since I don't have a sock drawer, and hanging up unused ccs in a wardrobe would be silly (couldn't decide how to order them anyway) I just have them implanted under my skin.   Also helps reduce the urge to app for cards that I don't really need.

Message 26 of 84
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@core wrote:

I was very suprised that people even had a drawer for socks.   I hang mine up in my wardrobe, ordered by color, then thickness, then texture, as I assume most people do.  Since I don't have a sock drawer, and hanging up unused ccs in a wardrobe would be silly (couldn't decide how to order them anyway) I just have them implanted under my skin.   Also helps reduce the urge to app for cards that I don't really need.

Ever keep socks in your wallet...not nearly as easy.

Message 27 of 84
celluloid17
Established Contributor

That letter is kind of inadvertently hilarious.  At Discover, we want you to be happy therefore we're removing perks from your card...Smiley SadSmiley Tongue

Message 28 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

That letter is kind of inadvertently hilarious.  At Discover, we want you to be happy therefore we're removing perks from your card...Smiley SadSmiley Tongue

Unfortunately, such things are very common.   At work, whenever we hear about "new exciting changes" to benefits or policies, we know we are in trouble.

Message 29 of 84
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

Unfortunately, such things are very common.   At work, whenever we hear about "new exciting changes" to benefits or policies, we know we are in trouble.

That is sad, but so true these days! Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.