Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card Benefits

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Changes to Discover Benefits

"At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits."

Did anyone else get this email?

Message 71 of 84
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Changes to Discover Benefits

@NP27 wrote:

"At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits."

Did anyone else get this email?

Thanks op. but there are already a zillion threads on this already.

Message 72 of 84
NP27
Established Contributor

doalp.....sorry!

Message 73 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NP27 wrote:

doalp.....sorry!

We'll let it go THIS time!

But, LTL's general common-sense rules:

1) If you receive some email from a CCC about something quite general, such as a change in benefits ask:   does this seem to be personal to me (or a smaller group), or it is more likely to be a card-wide policy change.   And, benefti changes are almost always the latter.

2) If the latter, AND you still want to post, consider searching first.    On popular cards (and these are the ones of interest I guess) it's almost certain that others have got the email and probably someone has already posted the info.   If you are indeed the first, then go ahead!

Message 74 of 84
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Discoveri Are Now "Streamlining" Benefits!!

Why don't they call it what it is? - CUTTING

CHRISW1968UK, your Discover card's built - in benefits are streamlining on August 1, 2015

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

Message 75 of 84
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Discoveri Are Now "Streamlining" Benefits!!

1) Have YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW used any of these benefits?

2) Mods, please consolidate this thread into the 7-8 already consolidated threads. Lol

Thanks though, OP

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 76 of 84
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Have these on aviator and BCE (haven't checked the others). Don't have card, and USUALLY just carry on. Discover for me is not a travel card, maybe they have these bennies on the Miles card? Haven't used the bennies myself, ever.
Signature needs updating
Message 77 of 84
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If removing these paltry benefits is what enabled them to afford the Double promo then I am all for it, really. lol

Message 78 of 84
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@longtime_lurker wrote:

1) Have YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW used any of these benefits?

2) Mods, please consolidate this thread into the 7-8 already consolidated threads. Lol

Thanks though, OP

I'd be glad to if I could find it. Smiley Wink

Message 79 of 84
firesoul453
Contributor

Discover discontinues a few card benefits.

At Discover, we want you to be happy. That's why periodically review the valuable benefits that are built in to your Discover card. We have decided to retain some benefits - like purchase protection and price protection - and discontinue others.

What this means for you:
Effective August 1, 2015 Discover card will discontinue the following benefits: 24/7 Travel Assistance, Baggage Delay Insurance, and Emergency Roadside Assistance. If you have a loss or incident that occurs on or after August 1, 2015, it will not be covered by these benefits.

I just love their wording..... We want you to be happy, so we are dicontinuing some of your benefits.

Its not the end of the world, but a little dissapointing. At least I got a Visa Signature finally.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 80 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.