Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Card CLI

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Card CLI

Thanks, HTSU!

Yes, USBank was the one that was agonized over one night. FL seems to be one place where USBank does not have a local presence, yet will accept credit app's. (Doesn't everybody want to be in FL?) When I feel it is the right to to app them whatever I find out will be posted!

Every inch I crawl and every day I am good puts me that much closer to being a FICO high acheiver. (At least as far as TU is concerned. The rest will take a while longer!)

Message 21 of 52
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I called yesterday at work; asked for $2510 they countered $2000! I'll take that, thank you very much!
Message 22 of 52
DI
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I called yesterday at work; asked for $2510 they countered $2000! I'll take that, thank you very much!

I can't wait until my  teaser rate is over for Discover to show me luv.  I'm going to ask for $20,000.

Message Edited by DI on 08-27-2009 07:43 AM
Message 23 of 52
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I opened my Discover account in May of this year and have PIF'd every month before the statement cuts.  This morning when I logged into my account I was pleasantly surprised to see a CLI of 35%.  Wait until the third billing cycle closes and see what happens.

Message 24 of 52
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

I opened my Discover account in May of this year and have PIF'd every month before the statement cuts.  This morning when I logged into my account I was pleasantly surprised to see a CLI of 35%.  Wait until the third billing cycle closes and see what happens.

I never got an auto CLI and carried no balance or a very tiny one (>$400). I was told by a CSR that 6 months from date of opening is when they start granting CLIs.

Message 25 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@Kay_Cee wrote:

I never got an auto CLI and carried no balance or a very tiny one (>$400). I was told by a CSR that 6 months from date of opening is when they start granting CLIs.

What the CSR didn't tell you is that increases are rarely auto-increases. You most likely will have to pick up the phone and make the call.

Message 26 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Three months and auto? Very rare indeed, From/to what CL?
Message 27 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I can't wait until my  teaser rate is over for Discover to show me luv.  I'm going to ask for $20,000.

Please keep us posted as to the outcome of this effort.

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I also think the largest CL they are giving with the automated system is $2K. I don't think I have seen anything larger than that posted here.

received 4K CLI earlier this yr
Message 29 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I also think the largest CL they are giving with the automated system is $2K. I don't think I have seen anything larger than that posted here.
received 4K CLI earlier this yr

Was this thru the phone method? What did you ask for?

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.