Discover Card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Card CLI

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I also think the largest CL they are giving with the automated system is $2K. I don't think I have seen anything larger than that posted here.
received 4K CLI earlier this yr

Was this thru the phone method? What did you ask for?

Yes thru the phone automated method. Asked for a bump of 8k to 20k. They came back with 4k taking me from 12k to 16k. So I was pleased with the 1/3 hike. Haven't had the option available since. Congrats on your CLI!
Message Edited by ExcellCR on 08-28-2009 11:50 PM
Message 31 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Thank you!

Let us know if you ever get that option back again. Theoretically 16K is as high as they are going right now.

Message 32 of 52
DI
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

@MrShush wrote:
I called yesterday at work; asked for $2510 they countered $2000! I'll take that, thank you very much!

I can't wait until my  teaser rate is over for Discover to show me luv.  I'm going to ask for $20,000.

Please keep us posted as to the outcome of this effort.

I'm definately going to ask for $20,000 increase.  I have the notion that people can only say YES or NO.  That's not a bad thing.

Message 33 of 52
Cory
Established Contributor

Hello,

Out of all of their credit card choices, which is the better card?

Message 34 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Cory wrote:

Hello,

Out of all of their credit card choices, which is the better card?

Go here:

http://www.discovercard.com/credit-cards/?hcmpgn=0901_hpk_cc_all_txt

and do some research. The service is excellent and will be equal no matter which choice you make. You can change from one rewards plan to another by phone call. I would not select Motiva initially unless you really want one as it carries a higher APR.

I have no idea why Open Road does not appear on the list. Maybe they discontinued it.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-29-2009 04:36 PM
Message 35 of 52
DieselAmy
Valued Member

I just called and do not have the option.  I did have it back in Jan when I requested and got $2k (10k to 12k).  Guess it takes more time to reset the option!
Message 36 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DieselAmy wrote:
I just called and do not have the option.  I did have it back in Jan when I requested and got $2k (10k to 12k).  Guess it takes more time to reset the option!

It could take more time -or- you may have run up against a ceiling. However, I thought the ceilings were $12K for a new account and $16K with CLI's. There may be lower ceilings that apply based on your income, too. I believe the $12K/$16K levels were absolute ceilings.

Interestingly, I still have the option. (Option 5 - 4)

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-01-2009 12:22 PM
Message 37 of 52
MrShush
Valued Contributor

If you have the option, what the ? are you waiting for?! Exercise the option!
Message 38 of 52
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
If you have the option, what the ? are you waiting for?! Exercise the option!

This is my thread. Go back and read the OP. The reason will become amply clear.
Message 39 of 52
MrShush
Valued Contributor

LOL, I know this is your thread, but why not see if you can eke out another CLI given the option is still there?
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.