Valued Contributor
thrasher865

Re: Discover Card Cash Back Bonus Promo (50% Gas Card Discount)

I only had enough CB for one of these last month.  I just got it in the mail, and I was hoping to redeem for two more this month.

When I logged on, I saw that there is a new "Shell limited offer."  For a limited time only, you can now redeem $25 for a $25 gift card :smileysad:

Oh well, glad I got one.  

Has anyone noticed if there's a way to sort by the best deals on the Discover redemption site?  I want it to show me where I can get double CB bonus back, and I'll just keep checking until it's a store I frequent, and then redeem all the CB I've saved up.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Lel

I received my cards just a few days after I submitted my request - just in time for an 800 mile road trip!  What was nice is that several of the Shell stations that we encountered gave discounts for cash transactions, and these cards were treated as cash.

Contributor
BoSox617

thrasher865 wrote:

Has anyone noticed if there's a way to sort by the best deals on the Discover redemption site?  I want it to show me where I can get double CB bonus back, and I'll just keep checking until it's a store I frequent, and then redeem all the CB I've saved up.

Hi Thrasher,

FYI, there is an offer to redeem $70 of cashback rewards for a $75 Shell card - that's 6.66% savings.

WRT how you can find the "best deals":

1. Click the Cashback Bonus tab on the top of your screen

2. Click See Options under the "Get It" section

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click "Browse by Best Value"

4. You'll see a section that allows you to select based on the following (these are displayed linearly):

a. Merchandise

b. Extra $20 or more

c. Extra $15

d. Extra $10

e. Extra $5

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

Blogger
HiLine

I'm saving my Discover cash back until another deal like this comes up :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
SwiftTone

I got all excited and didn't see the date on the original post. DOH!

I'm sitting on $430~ worth of Cashback right now.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$12,500, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 734
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

Old thread alert. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
flowfaster

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Established Contributor
andre181

Dang, I missed the date of the OP too. I went straight to the Discover site. 

I have ~$350 of cashback sitting there. I sure would have ordered at least 4 of these.

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}